North East Region Regional Board for the North East. Topics like local car shows, cruise nights, good mechanics, machine shops, and so on.

need a shop to replace my weatherstripping

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 85 Trans Am WS6
Engine: 305HO L69
Transmission: T5
need a shop to replace my weatherstripping

most of the weather stripping on my car is rotted away, and it leaks like a siv. the hatch leaks, and there are 2-3 spots on each door/t-top that i can see straight through. i'm working on completely replacing my interior. so far i've removed all the old seats, carpet, headliner, plastics, everything except the dash. i have 4th gen seats, seatbelts, console, new carpet, and i'm painting all my plastics. i don't want to put all this work into the interior, then have water leak all over and ruin it. so what i plan on doing is replacing all of the weatherstripping. every piece that seals up the hatch, doors, and t-tops, i want new. i would prefer to have a shop do it. does anyone know a good shop that will do this? what does it cost? do they use gm weather stripping, or aftermarket repro? btw, i'm in western ct, danbury area, so anything closer would be better.