North East Region Regional Board for the North East. Topics like local car shows, cruise nights, good mechanics, machine shops, and so on.

Need some help with something everyone

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 98 Chevy Z-28
Engine: 346ci LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Need some help with something everyone

Im a little pissed so maybe im talking nonsense, but i went to a local car show tonight that ive been to a few times in the past as mainly a spectator, yesterday I washed my car & before i went today I waxed it as I was going to actually participate in this weekly thing. I went and parked my car 5 other cars there and about parking for 80ish & I guess one of the "event" guys comes up to me and tells me I have to move my car the show is for 1974 or older cars Im like why is it every week there are newer 'Stanks and this that and the other he says "they wont be here this week the older cars keep getting pushed out to the far lot" im like WTF anywayz i just left cuz i thought it would be retarded to even stay, but normally it is a pretty big show and on nice days like today can draw 50-60 cars.

What im asking is how bout for one week we run these ****ers out of this ****ing parking lot, do a 1975 and up car show? If we could get even 5% of the people in the eastern section to show up for this one thing we could run these old ****ers off. Maybe its me and this might be a dumb Idea & obviously all in spite and nothing more. I always thought a car show was a ****ing car show & hot rodding was just that, hot rodding. I dont roll on dubs my car aint riced out, I've got a ****ing hot rod. Just because I dont have a ****ing 73' camaro shouldnt mean I cant participate. They pulled this **** on me and like 4-5 of my friends a couple of years ago and blamed it on some kid doing a burnout er something as he was leaving, he had a fox body 'Stank so they said oh its gotta be these damn young kids or some crap. Now its cuz of parking and like i said it was me and 5 other cars so I think that is a load of crap.

Bottom line is if everyone agrees with me on this I'd like to see the response of how many people would like to **** on them with me if not forget i ever ranted about this, and try not to think any less of me. All I know is i went there with my 2 year old daughter in hopes to show her cars & to get her to have the love & passion for cars as I do. Personally I dont much care for old muscle, I have respect for it and what its done to the car industry but its not my bag, but I also want my daughter to know what a carb is and what a fastback 'Stank looks like.

Anywayz, rant off
lata
Bill
Old 06-07-2004, 06:30 PM

Car: Camaro
Engine: 305-150/254 combo
Transmission: TH350 or T200
Axle/Gears: Srange 12 bolt; 5.14 or 5.38
I'm getting a flashback after reading this. Sounds like the same thing those of us with 60's cars went thru in the 80's when cruise nights were run by the street rod crowd. At that time it was 59 and earlier, if you had a muscle car you were second class. Eventually it changed as all things must.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:10 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1966 impala , 1998 sebring vert,1978 buick regal turbo, 1991 chevy silverado 3/4ton 4x4 lifted
Engine: 283, 2.5,3.8 turbo 350
Transmission: powerglide,auto overdrive, th350,4L80
yeah theres not really much you can do because if the man in charge of the event wants it a certain way then thats how hes gonna have it ya know
Old 06-07-2004, 07:27 PM

Originally posted by thegeneral
yeah theres not really much you can do because if the man in charge of the event wants it a certain way then thats how hes gonna have it ya know
im not asking for them to change their ways, I want to make a statement. I'd love to see 100 fbodies, GN's, Fox mustangs and whatever just come out and tell then to shove it and just move on. Cars are cars why deny people that have nice cars bring them out and show them off?
Old 06-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1966 impala , 1998 sebring vert,1978 buick regal turbo, 1991 chevy silverado 3/4ton 4x4 lifted
Engine: 283, 2.5,3.8 turbo 350
Transmission: powerglide,auto overdrive, th350,4L80
Originally posted by foff667
im not asking for them to change their ways, I want to make a statement. I'd love to see 100 fbodies, GN's, Fox mustangs and whatever just come out and tell then to shove it and just move on. Cars are cars why deny people that have nice cars bring them out and show them off?
i understand what you mean but by doing that your not gonna do much more than **** em off ive seen guys try that before with the older cars when they have the "newer car " shows around my area and then when it comes time for the them to have an "older car" show they have passed on them and went to the next town ....not saying it wont work for ya just saying to think about it and rationalize it more ....maybe right some letters to the head of the show and get a pettition up and go from there ...see what im saying ..it would be the proper way of doing things .......
Old 06-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1984 Trans Am
Engine: GMPP 350 V8
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23
foff, just curious where was the show?
Old 06-08-2004, 10:53 AM

Originally posted by TAdan
foff, just curious where was the show?
hamilton, NJ on whitehorse hamilton sq rd.