Organized Drag Racing and Autocross Drag racing and autocross discussions and questions. Techniques, tips, suggestions, and "what will I run?" questions.

Data Loggers

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Z/28
Engine: 355
Transmission: Turbo 400
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Data Loggers

I am in the market for a data logger to help with the setup and tuning of my car. The 2 I have looked at are RacePak Sportsman and RPM performance DL10. Any others out there that I showed look at? Anyone on here use one on their car? What type? Are you happy with it? Was it worth the $$? How was dealing with tech support?
Old 04-30-2017, 12:58 PM

Received 120 Likes on 101 Posts
Car: 87 IROC L98
Engine: 588 Alcohol BBC
Transmission: Powerglide
Axle/Gears: Ford 9"/31 spline spool/4.86
Re: Data Loggers

Really depends on what and how much you want to log.

I use an Innovate LM2 for a wide band O2 sensor. It also has 4 transducer inputs. It will record the O2 sensor reading (2 if you buy the dual channel model), and records engine rpm. I installed 4 sensors. Transducers for oil pressure, fuel pressure to the nozzles and MAF sensors for intake manifold vaccum and crankcase vaccum (I use a belt driven vaccum pump).

High end data loggers with proper sensors can also monitor shock travel, wheel speed, driveshaft speed, oil and coolant temp plus an assortment of other things. Like I said, it really depends on what you want to log.

The LM2 is also OBDII compatible so if your car has an OBDII port, you can monitor even more data.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Z/28
Engine: 355
Transmission: Turbo 400
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Re: Data Loggers

I am looking to be able to log eng rpm, oil, eng temp, driveshaft rpm, eng vacuum, volts, and O2. I looked at the shock travel sensors and they were way out of my financial range. They would be a great addon for suspension tuning though.