Organized Drag Racing and Autocross Drag racing and autocross discussions and questions. Techniques, tips, suggestions, and "what will I run?" questions.

nmca cheverolet performance stock.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 12:30 AM
LDR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 2012 Impala ltz 1988 Gta project
nmca cheverolet performance stock.

I am working on building my trans am for street and track use. Been bouncing back and forth on builds and been to a few events. I really became intrigued with the nmca performance stock class using a sealed pcm and sealed engine. Was wondering if anyone runs this class or has insights on the class. I am just getting into track racing with a stock car and slowly upgrading the chassis first. Engine at the end is my final goal. I know my goal was around 500hp when i was done which this motor will give me. using this setup i feel on normal track events it would get me a consistent car for bracket racing.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:30 PM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Car: camaro sportcoupe
Engine: 7.0L
Transmission: G-Force GF5R
Axle/Gears: Moser 9"
Re: nmca cheverolet performance stock.

it's incredibly competitive. what you don't spend on the engine/pcm, you'll spend on the car/trans/rear. be ready to call g-force for a g101a and black magic for a clutch. you won't be competitive with an auto in that class. if the auto's are currently competitive, they won't be for long unless they're willing to go to something really exotic.

that said, it's an awesome class and i'd love to see someone build a thirdgen for it.