Parts for Sale 2006 Keep it Third Gen related please!

Possibly Parting 87 Firebird

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT
Engine: 2.7L V6
Transmission: 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.41
Possibly Parting 87 Firebird

Okay, it's come to this. I'm gauging interest for the parts off of my 1987 Firebird. You want anything, either email me at maverickh1_l@yahoo.com or post here.

The parts that WILL NOT BE SOLD include:
1. 3.1L V6 Engine, ECM, and front end wiring harness. You can have any sensor you want with the exception of the MAF, though. Any and all exhaust pipes stay, too, along with the radiator and heater core so I can keep the engine running..
2. The stock flat hood.
3. American Racing rims and tires.
4. Front fenders (I'm sure you don't want them... they are a little misshapen, but if you ask for a high enough price you can have them, you pay shipping or pickup)
5. Stock 85 MPH instrument cluster.
6. GTA door panels. The rest of the interior, minus the carpet (trust me, you don't want it... the front has a HUGE stain and the rear is all faded), and back paneling (except for the spare tire cover... that's still good) is still up for grabs. The center console is for an auto car and does not have a door/armrest anymore. The driver's seat and the left rear seat need to be recovered though.
7. My Panasonic headunit. You can have the rest, though, with the exception of my sub and amp. The Sony 4x6 speakers are rated at 120W peak. They are better than stock, but not by much. The Legacy 6x9's I have I'm sure won't sell, but if you want to know, they are supposedly rated at 400W peak. I have two stock headunits, one from a Lumina that the tape player doesn't work in, and a one from an Olds 88 Royale that I'm keeping. The antenna is broken...
8. Mirrored glass T-tops. I just bought these and they are definitely staying with the car.
9. Any air conditioning parts. I don't have any to sell. I am pretty sure the compressor works, but I need it for belt routing. The evaporator (or whatever the radiator-like thing is in the heater box) is the only other part left, and I cut the upper pipe off to make room for my remote ignition coil mount. I have a couple of the wiring harness connectors and the switch that was mounted in the accumulator, however.
10. All emblems, minus the center taillight piece.
11. The steering column (trying to keep somewhat of a rolling chassis).
12. The metal brake and fuel lines. Let's just say they are a little old...

Okay, now what is for sale:
Headlights, including motors. The doors have been repainted black, but I am sure you can do a better job than I did.
Front and rear bumper covers. I must warn you, these are reproductions and are not quite correct fitting. However, if you just need to get your car on the road, these will do fine. The bumper reinforcements will not be sold, since I cannot seem to get the back one off. The only remaining impact absorber is on the rear.
Taillights. These are the stock 85-89? style. The wiring harness is included, along with the license plate lamp. There is one small problem with the harness in that the PS side marker likes to go out once in a while (probably loose socket.. I just haven't bothered with it).
The hatch. You want it, you will need to pick it up. It has mounting holes for both the stock 87 spoiler and the 91-92 Z28 spoiler that was on it when I bought the car. The 87 spoiler on it now is not for sale unless I can get enough out of it. The 91-92 Z28 spoiler is only for sale if you feel like repainting it... The third brake lamp I have is not for sale either... its the only one I found locally.
Overhead console. It's from a hard top car, and works perfectly. However, this will sell cheap due to the fact that I had to replace one of the switches with a toggle switch. I will take a trade of a T-top overhead console if you have one and want/need a hard top one.
The spare tire and everything that goes with it. I don't have the jack.
The hatch release solenoid and pulldown. I can find these at a junkyard or online when I feel like rebuilding the car.
The hatch defrost switch.
The whole heater box. If you want it, let me know in advance so I can relocate my ign coil and remove it.
The rearend is a verified 3.42 open diff with drum brakes. The brakes have less than 5000 miles on them since I replaced both the shoes and the PS brake cable.
Any suspension components. However, the PS front spindle is staying since it has a special setup for the caliper mounting. The steering system is shot (read as: needs new tie rods and idler arm). I must warn you that any suspension component sold WILL need to have new bushings installed. The rear sway bar is not for sale out of this group.
The V6 700R4 transmission. If you want it, bring an engine hoist and pull it. It has a torque convertor lockup problem though. Not sure if the clutch is wearing out, if the switch is screwy, or the ECM is acticng up, but the clutch is intermittant.
All glass except the t-tops. I also have an extra PS door glass in my garage from when the PS door was replaced.
The A/T shifter assembly.
The console shift plate. It has cutouts for PW switches and for the glove box lamp. I have the lamp, but its mounting plate is screwed up so it can't be used without draining your battery.
The rest of the wiring harness, with the exception of the front end.
The horn assemblies.

And a few other parts I have that I can't seem to list...

I'm keeping the base frame as a rebuilder so don't ask...

:edit: I will also take a trade on the transmission. I am looking for a World Class T5, flywheel, and everything I need to swap from auto to manual. The trans need not work, that's what classes are for.

Last edited by Maverick H1L; 07-27-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much for the rear end?
Old 07-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT
Engine: 2.7L V6
Transmission: 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.41
Make an offer. But I must say, shipping is going to hurt if the rear is going to be shipped to CA from here in NY.

Also, I'm just gauging interest right now. If something doesn't happen in the job market in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to have to part my baby...

:edit: I also have an extra V6 serpentine (I think) alternator bracket, P/N 14102622, that came with the 3.1 when it was swapped in. I switched it with my clean one, but it still is in good shape if you happen to need one.
Another thing I have is a 3.1 V6 ECM, P/N 1227727, from a 1990 Lumina. This ECM does NOT have a MEMCAL.
The muffler and tail pipes are also for sale. However, the muffler was put on the car before I bought it, and was welded together improperly. The driver's side tailpipe hangs about 1.25" lower than the left side. The stainless (or chromed, haven't figured out which) tips have long since lost any and all shine they had from the store, and are pretty rusty except right directly on top.

Last edited by Maverick H1L; 07-27-2005 at 07:14 PM.