Problems / Help / Suggestions / Comments Let us know if you're having any problems with the site or board software. Post any ideas you might have for ThirdGen.Org here.

"thanks for posting" but my thread isnt there.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro RS
Engine: V6
Transmission: Auto, sadly
Axle/Gears: 4.10 POSI
"thanks for posting" but my thread isnt there.

I tried to post an add titled "91 RS With Upgrades. $3000 OBO"
I have been a member for ages. Way more than 15 days.
I finally got my pics to upload without the security missing error and hit 'Submit new Thread'. It said thanks for posting and sent be back to the forum but my post wasn't there. I tried all over again with the same results. I checked my resent posts and even searched the whole site for the title and it doesn't exist anywhere. What gives? This is very frustrating. I don't want to be stuck with just craigslist.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:12 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts
Re: "thanks for posting" but my thread isnt there.

Your post was sent into moderation for review due to suspected spam by our spam filter. Obviously it was a false positive.

As many members here know, as well as any one else online, there's a lot of spam on the Internet. There is no guaranteed solution. If we did nothing and all the spam made it to our forum before we deleted them manually after the fact, members would be upset with the amount of spam. If we use some spam filters, sometimes there are false positives.

While you have been a member for over 15 days, which is not tied to this, you have few technical posts and that is one of the factors that the spam filters use to help determine weight of posts.

Your thread was approved and is visible.

Originally Posted by ColmRey
I tried to post an add titled "91 RS With Upgrades. $3000 OBO"
I have been a member for ages. Way more than 15 days.
I finally got my pics to upload without the security missing error and hit 'Submit new Thread'. It said thanks for posting and sent be back to the forum but my post wasn't there. I tried all over again with the same results. I checked my resent posts and even searched the whole site for the title and it doesn't exist anywhere. What gives? This is very frustrating. I don't want to be stuck with just craigslist.