Problems / Help / Suggestions / Comments Let us know if you're having any problems with the site or board software. Post any ideas you might have for ThirdGen.Org here.

Turn off the floating navigation bars

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 03:24 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts
Turn off the floating navigation bars

What's with the floating navigation bars that now show up on every page viewing a thread? I'm sure it's useful in some way, but it's really annoying like a 'pop-up' ad. It's a feature that eats up valuable real estate on the screen, cutting into the visible area. Is there a way to turn that setting off or what?
Old 11-20-2018, 09:55 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts
Re: Turn off the floating navigation bars

Recently ThirdGen.org received an update that includes Infinite Scroll and Related Threads. Instead of needing to click additional pages to continue reading additional posts in a multi-page thread, the next page of a thread will automatically load as you scroll. This update includes a floating header and footer panel to allow easier navigation while allowing the Infinite scroll to function. This feature can be disabled by going to User CP, Edit Options and disable "Infinite Scroll".

This update also includes a Related Threads feature which will show related threads, best as determined by the system, at the end of each thread. This feature can be disabled by going to User CP, Edit Options and disable "Related Threads."

These features are not entirely new to ThirdGen as the mobile app included them and now the full-theme does as well.

While some members may not like these features, they can be easily disabled by using the aforementioned instructions.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:23 PM
Supreme Member

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
Re: Turn off the floating navigation bars

THANK YOU! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! Infinite Scroll deselected.

I just HATED that stupid drop-down banner as I tried to scroll. The thing needs to be killed with fire, and then tortured.

All I need now is an option to load the entire thread instead of breaking it into pages.