History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

Pics of my IROC-Z after detail!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 11:00 PM
On Probation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC-Z Camaro
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T-5 5 Speed
Pics of my IROC-Z after detail!

(PICS AT BOTTOM) Hey guys...well as you know I'm really really proud to be a part of such a great forum! I have already meet some really awesome ppl and super intelligent folks...I would like to thank Drew...W.E.G, NAVY02WS6, and Mantaguy, and MARK_ZZ3, along with many others for there help, time and patience along the way! Drew especially thanks man!!! You have really helped so much...your knowledge of these cars is amazing!

As some of you know...I'm one of the younger guys on here trying to get schooled up on these cars and really raise awareness so to say to the cars and also present the car to the public as much as possible to try and release my passion to the cars onto others. I'm no rich guy by any means...a service member. I have always been a true "car guy"...I understand how things work on cars (even steam cars and turbine cars )...and am some what mechanically inclined....but I'm mostly best at overall history etc on cars in general...not the best at turning wrenches. HOWEVER...this forum has helped me really explain things in detail to my mechanic and really helped me I think save money, and him the headache of not being sure on things, but with this sites help I was able to make the muddy water clearer! I have learned so much on here!!! Its so fascinating learning about all the third gen GM stuff! Everytime I turn around there is something new to learn...so like my 04 Ford Explorer...until this car is totalled BOTH of them are going to the grave with me. I'm a weirdo and believe cars have souls...and cars have feelings....weird I know...but me and this car from the moment I seen it online and made the MOST impulsive decision of my life I knew that it was meant to be!!!!

I'v spent a lot of time tracking down the history of the car and trying to piece by piece figure out what she went thru during her life...and the detail job I got professionally done by a TOP notch 5 star rating guy showed me that for one she was left out in the sun...by some idiot! I hope you guys enjoy the pics...I know it does not hold a candle to some of you alls cars...but its special to me and one day I hope to bring her back to here complete glory! I think I have already done it with the motor...spent an *** load getting that taken care of and as of now she runs phenomenal!!! As of now also everything electronically about the car works...every light...everything lights up on the dash (all overhead lights and flashlight works) everything minus the rear defogger works (having problems with struts I think)..and no AC as of now (needs new compressor)...but other than that the car has been gone thru with a fine tooth comb and a top of the line mechanic and it runs SOOOOO good. We went thru everything. Fluid flushes, engine, fuel system (pressure test good) replaced everything in the coolant areas (passed pressure test) suspension was gone thru, exhaust, tranny, rear end, everything you name it! So far I'v spent about 4K getting her in absolute tip top running condition! Took out the engine tore it completely down and did a rebuild and replaced everything needed.

Like I said small things have been done...fixed horn and got new old horn cover...got rear hatch working again, brand new motor, wiring harness and relay, TPS sensor, both temp sending units, lots of other small things around the car have been replaced. Next when I get the money saved up is the big one...the seat covers (UGH)...so expensive...and then ALL the weather stripping is to be replaced...and the rear hatch WILL be sent to a shop to be properly adjusted and realigned

!

Old 09-07-2017, 11:01 PM
On Probation

Re: Pics of my IROC-Z after detail!

bottom pic is before it was detailed!
Old 09-07-2017, 11:10 PM

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1987 GTA
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: Automatic

Great looking Iroc. Glad to see someone from the next generation loves and appreciates these cars. I have a 15 year old son who he and his friends have fallen in Love with them as well. I got him a Z71 for high school but I'm thinking hard about a GTA like mine for graduation. Keep up the good work and pass the knowledge you are getting onto the next generation. Btw my name is Jeremy B as well lol.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:02 AM
On Probation

Originally Posted by Jbuchanan
Great looking Iroc. Glad to see someone from the next generation loves and appreciates these cars. I have a 15 year old son who he and his friends have fallen in Love with them as well. I got him a Z71 for high school but I'm thinking hard about a GTA like mine for graduation. Keep up the good work and pass the knowledge you are getting onto the next generation. Btw my name is Jeremy B as well lol.
Thats awesome man!!! Jeremy B...go figure small world! Yeah next weekend I'm actually going to my first ever car show! Its in a small county in NC and is organized by the police department for kids with disabilities! I'm so excited...you know it really brings a tear to my eye...even tho those kids are less fortunate I think they will absolutely love seeing some cool hotrods/cars!!!

That's what this is all about...just making other people happy anyway you can with your ride! I'm so excited! Man get that GTA NOW...take out a loan from the bank and make it happen! Teach the young man about the Formulas, the TTAs and the digital dashes haha. Tell him all about RPO codes...1LEs...all that stuff...its like history class but for cars!!!

You have to make your son feel like hes in the 80s and really attuned with the cars! Tell him "well son...see these cars have little lights in the rear hatch area and "courtesy lights" when you open it...bc you have to understand that back in the 80s not every parking lot had lights all around it and it was hard to see"...or mention to him about the overhead planners how that was a really cool and futuristic thing back then! Show him old car and driver adds! I'm sure you boy will hopefully end up taking pops car and keeping it for many years to come and passing it down to his kids!
Old 09-08-2017, 01:15 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts

Looks fantastic! I have a strong preference for the metallic colors on these cars, they just really stand out from the typical opaque colors. Just something about them.

Car of the Month better look out, there's some new competition on the forum! Hmm, looks like it's already nominated.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto...omination.html
Old 09-08-2017, 07:16 AM

Received 348 Likes on 275 Posts
Car: 1988 Iroc
Engine: L98 350
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Hawks 8.8 - 3.73

Car looks great! ....great to see your progress along the way too.

...ever consider going to Super Chevy in Rockingham at the end of the month? I always like company.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Supreme Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Car: 1987 Iroc
Engine: 357 Single plane and a Ysi vortech
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.50 9"

Looking good. I am in Hillsborough and have owned about 10 thirdgens in all shapes and forms.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:29 AM
Supreme Member

Received 546 Likes on 376 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC-Z. Original owner
Engine: LB9. Dual Cats. Big Cam
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: BW 3.45

Looks great!
Old 09-08-2017, 10:15 AM
On Probation

Originally Posted by Drew
Looks fantastic! I have a strong preference for the metallic colors on these cars, they just really stand out from the typical opaque colors. Just something about them.

Car of the Month better look out, there's some new competition on the forum! Hmm, looks like it's already nominated.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto...omination.html
Thanks Drew!!! Thats awesome man, taking it to 2 upholstery shops today to get some estimates and to see if they can actually do my deluxe seat covers right. I think I will still eventually go with lethal interiors (recommend by ppl on here), I spoke with the person who does that via email in depth...and I'm running into an embroidery problem getting the Camaro logo on the kidney area remade etc...and there about the only ones that seem to be really knowledgeable on the deal and can do it...
Old 09-08-2017, 10:20 AM
On Probation

Originally Posted by NufNuffZ28
Looking good. I am in Hillsborough and have owned about 10 thirdgens in all shapes and forms.
Sweet I love hillsborough, I love that louisiana cajun restaurant too! Dont they do car shows at Occoneechee speedway? I have been there once I really loved it!

For those reading Occoneechee speedway was at one point the fastest track in NASCAR before Daytona and Talladega...unfortunately due to Daytona being built and the people at that time not completley in favor of the track it was closed down...and amazingly never really ran on again. Unlike MOST old nascar tracks (Riverside in CA) it has been virtually untouched! With buildings and bleachers left the way they were back then. You can walk the track now which is a trail and try to use ur imagination on how it looked back then. Luckily there are lots of photos etc of the old place and they do little events there to still try and preserve the history of the track...its a very neat place to go and its BIG!
Old 09-08-2017, 10:21 AM
On Probation

Originally Posted by Abubaca
Car looks great! ....great to see your progress along the way too.

...ever consider going to Super Chevy in Rockingham at the end of the month? I always like company.
End of October...I'm there . How much is the entry fee? Wait...I gotta check my Calender me and my gf are going to Asheboro for the weekend...darn it...she dosent know it yet but were taking the car there lol .
Old 09-08-2017, 10:27 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1992 Z28 1991 RS
Engine: LB9 LO3
Transmission: 5 speeds

End of September
Old 09-08-2017, 12:21 PM

Received 348 Likes on 275 Posts
Car: 1988 Iroc
Engine: L98 350
Axle/Gears: Hawks 8.8 - 3.73

End of September, as Tyus said. The show is actually Saturday the 30th, but I may go down Friday afternoon and check out the swap meet and manufacturers tents, plus....won't have to get up early!

...interested to see how those seats turn out....although I don't doubt She'll do great work for you!!!!!
Old 09-08-2017, 12:26 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Car: 88 Sport Coupe
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 4.56

Car looks great. I really like the color.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:15 PM
On Probation

Originally Posted by Abubaca
End of September, as Tyus said. The show is actually Saturday the 30th, but I may go down Friday afternoon and check out the swap meet and manufacturers tents, plus....won't have to get up early!

...interested to see how those seats turn out....although I don't doubt She'll do great work for you!!!!!
Man I have a cruise at the end of this month! Can't go...yeah Iv been in contact with her...I may try and get a local upholstery shop to take the covers off and mail them to her then her mail them back and they put them on...i spoke with 2 shops today in Raleigh. The one was a good shop and seemed to do good work...the other one was a disaster!
Old 09-08-2017, 07:54 PM

Car: 1987 Firebird Formula
Engine: LG4

Hi Jeremy,

Very nice looking car. So nice to see the younger generation show an interest in the 3rd Gen.

As far as the seats, I highly recommend Lethal Interiors. Her work is outstanding. She did my car and I could not be happier.

Louis
Old 09-08-2017, 09:34 PM
On Probation

Originally Posted by Conn87
Hi Jeremy,

Very nice looking car. So nice to see the younger generation show an interest in the 3rd Gen.

As far as the seats, I highly recommend Lethal Interiors. Her work is outstanding. She did my car and I could not be happier.

Louis
Hey Louis, thanks! Yes...ultimtley I'm going to I believe go with her...I just think that honestly her prices are fair and while it seems like a hassle to mail off the seats etc...its just a costly investment that is necessary at some point down the road...once I get deployment orders for sure and I know where going I'll whip out the old CC lol
Old 09-09-2017, 10:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1985 IROC-Z
Engine: LB9
Transmission: MD8

Very nice car Jeremy! Love that color.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:37 PM

Car: 1988 Camaro Sport Coupe
Engine: The All-Powerful 2.8l!! :P

If you're one of the younger guys what does that make me? xD And I agree I've learned so much about our cars on this site, it's a really great place

BEAUTIFUL IROC dude, go show everyone at that show how it's done
Old 09-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Supreme Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC Original Owner
Transmission: M39 MM5
Axle/Gears: G80 G92 J65

Car looks great Jeremy - what color interior do you have? I have a full set of 87 Black and 4 extra pairs of grey custom cloth in various conditions.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:31 AM

Car looks very nice. post some pics of the interior and engine bay.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:36 AM
On Probation

Originally Posted by PurelyPMD
Car looks great Jeremy - what color interior do you have? I have a full set of 87 Black and 4 extra pairs of grey custom cloth in various conditions.
Hey there sorry for the delay. The interior is 82C RPO code which is the grey custom cloth I do believe. It has the Camaro stitching logo on the bottom left kidney area I believe. 4 extra pairs of the cloth...wow...how do you have that? So you have basically 4 sets of 2 front seats and 4 back seats? I might would be a buyer on that for the really good condition on...would need photos. Of course honestly...I'm probably not gonna drop a bunch of money on that anytime soon...especially with these Hurricanes and hurricane season not over yet in NC. Maybe we could PM on pics if you feel more comfortable discussing pricing and stuff thru that route instead of here...up to you.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:38 AM
On Probation

I'll get u some interior pics...its got the grey custom cloth 82C code...the interior is in good shape really. Dash is great...the power window and rear hatch logos on the switches are rubbed off...everything lights up on the dash. Got one bulb out behind the AC unit...I have the overhead console all that looks great. I'll get some pics tomorrow when its not raining outside and I can take photos better.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC Original Owner
Transmission: M39 MM5
Axle/Gears: G80 G92 J65

Not 4 full sets, I have 4 pairs of grey fronts and possibly one extra rear - will have to check.

I've bought every set I've come across, need to restore the interior on my 87.

Shoot me an e-mail & I can get you some pictures - purelypmd@outlook.com