South West Region South West regional discussion board.

BLACK 86 T-TOP IROC PARTING OUT OR WHOLE

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 Z-28 IROC
Engine: LG4 - Holley 600, Edelbrock Intake
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73 Posi
BLACK 86 T-TOP IROC PARTING OUT OR WHOLE

My 3rd Gen has been nailed by some chick in a Hyundai. So the front passenger fender, wheel, door, and quarter panel are out of the question. Other things I plan to keep: tires, radiator, motor, tranny, and exhaust. Everything else can go! I also have some other Misc 3rd Gen parts laying around that I will sell too: some new A/C components, some used A/C components, slightly damaged pass fender, stock intake manifold, more to come w/pics...

The way I'm going to work this is as follows: You send me an email to josh@firestaralarm.com telling me what you want, make me an offer, I will send you a pic of the item and answer any questions you have, you can change your offer if the item is not as good as you thought. You can also PM me on here, but it may take longer to get a response. It will be coming from zip code 76118 (Fort Worth, TX), I will also allow local pickup of stuff, and you could even come to the house and scavenge if you like (bring your own tools). Everything will be shipped via UPS and the buyer will have to create the shipment with UPS online. This way I don't have to pay for shipping and the buyer will be in complete control of it once it leaves my door.

Process
1. Send me a US Postal Service Money Order (easy to track for both parties, and get a tracking # on it when you mail it to me C.Y.A. and mine too)
2. I will box it up and email the dimensions and weight to the buyer.
3. Buyer creates and pays for shipment with UPS online and emails me the PDF of the sticker. All shipments must have a tracking #! Insurance is up to you, I want to make sure you get it, and that we both cover our *****. Also include my email for shipment notifications.
4. I will put the sticker on your package, take it to the UPS drop off location, and send you an email when it's done.

*All sales are final once the item leaves my posession. Sorry no warranties, ask questions up front. If you are really not happy, I might try to work with you, but the item will have to be shipped back at your cost, refund will be after I get it, check it out, and there may be a re-stocking fee. I'm also reasonable about the process, if you have another idea let me hear it. I will gladly return your money order at any time until the package is shipped. I will not cash it until it's shipped either. I will expedite everything and get the part out to you quickly, I can't stand waiting for stuff and don't expect you to either. I reserve the right to send your money back at any time instead of sending the part. Everything is on a money first basis, if ten people want the hood, whoever gets me the money first wins and just in case someone shows up and wants the whole thing. I will do my best to keep track of parts that someone is very interested in and inform the others that ask about it.

*If anyone is worried about me being legit please contact me via email or PM. The email address above is my work one, so that should help. I have no problems validating anything, you can call me on my cell, work, whatever it takes to make the buyer comfortable. I'm weary and depressed about the whole thing too, I just don't have room or time to keep old girl, and she won't be worth anything in the future anyways being a salvaged title. I've been a Third Gen man my whole life and now all I have left is my 02 Z, so I'm just going to recoop some cash for all the stuff I've done to the car that the insurance didn't cover, use the powertrain on an upcoming project, and scrap the rest. I would also consider selling the complete car and spare parts if anyone is thinking of a track project or a restoration. It would make a great teenager car since you don't have to worry about them destroying a valuable machine, this car could probaly be ready to drive again and have it ready to paint in about 25 labor hours and $600 in parts if you do it yourself. It's just not worth it to me because of the salvaged title issue, and what if someone hits me again and the insurance gives me another lousy $2200 dollars!!!

*Thanks for checking this out, get your stuff quickly, the old lady wants it out of the driveway asap...she'll be at the salvage yard by Jan 5th. This is a good oppurtunity to get your hands on some cheap parts!!

Josh Messenger
Old 12-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC-Z Camaro
Engine: L98 5.7L TPI
Transmission: 700-R4
Axle/Gears: 3.27 BW
Re: BLACK 86 T-TOP IROC PARTING OUT OR WHOLE

What do you want for the rear wheels? I've been looking at picking up a set for burnouts, but shipping on them might be a killer.