Southern California Area Southern California Members.

Bobs big boy in burbank

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 11:51 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Base Firebird
Engine: TPI 350
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: D44
Bobs big boy in burbank

i was just curious, do any of you guys show up there on friday nights? i went last night, and i saw four thirdgens there (i will describe them in a sec). aside from that, there are a bunch of awesome hotrods and muscle cars that show up, and its just great standing out there...feeling the rumble of the cars in your chest, smelling the exhaust that is pure and untouched by a catalytic converter, and just hanging out with a bunch of cool car people. as you can tell, i dont hit events like this too often, so stuff like this may seem normal to some of you... i just loved it and wanted to know if any of you make it out there.

as promised, the thirdgens that attended will be described.... there were two camaros and two firebirds. the two camaros werent in the best of shape. the first one was black with silver gfx (scratched up front lip). it had the word "camaro" where newer ones would say "rs" or "z28" on the gfx just behind the front wheel. the second one was teal, had a lifted rear end, a black hood with hoodpins, and was missing a gfx piece that is supposed to be behind the rear right hand side wheel. it sounded bad @ss, he had something serious under the hood.
the firebirds were both the earlier design (82-85). there was a red trans am that was for sale-the owner wanted 7 grand, but had a long list of mods on the for sale sign, and the car looked immaculate. the second one was black, had the older style trans am taillights, and looked to be in good condition, but it was away from all the cars and in a very dark spot...i didnt get a great look at it.

well, thats it, thanks for looking
Old 02-10-2003, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1989 Camaro IROCZ
I on occasion I will go to Bob's in Burbank with my 89 IROCZ you see below. Wait till summer when the weather is warm, almost impossible to pull into Bob's to find a space, there are so many cars. Cars begin to show up as early as 1:00 to 2:00 PM that afternoon, so hard to beat the crowd. I think that some of these guys must not work, to show up that early on a weekday. Then you also have just regular people parking their regular family cars in the lot and taking up valuable spaces also. Not often you will see 3rd Gens present. Unfortunately the older cars get more respect, although there are a few 3rd gens fans that will admire our cars.
P.S.> Also be aware that there are alot of non-car type people that walk around looking at the cars, dragging their purses,wallet chains, leaning up against your car, and their children sometimes running their hands down your car,etc. You will need to stay on alert if you have a nice car and care about it. Otherwise it is a neat place and fun to experience!

Red 1989 IROCZ Coupe, LB9 5 Speed.
G92 Option – 17,048 Original Miles.
Original Tires, Clutch, & Brakes.
Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust / Dual Cat.
Member: SC3G
Attached Thumbnails Bobs big boy in burbank-my-email-iroc.jpg  
Old 02-16-2003, 06:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1982 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: Stock carbed 305
Transmission: Stock 200C
That was my Trans Am =) The black one its an 82...as for the condition the paint is great....seeing as I just got it repainted, however the interior is in some need. Its not that bad as I try and keep it as clean as I can, but I'm fixing it right now, getting little plastic pieces here and there. I'm hoping to save up money by late spring early summer to have it re-upholstered. The engine is ok...its a stock carbed 305, I recently had it rebuilt, but I don't think its running the best it can...I want someone to take a closer look at it and tell me what they think can be wrong, I just don't think I'm getting all my 145 horses. I've been to Bob's classic car night two weeks in a row now and I'll probably go again next Fri.