Suspension and Chassis Questions about your suspension? Need chassis advice?

berlinetta lowering springs??

Old 09-01-2006, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
berlinetta lowering springs??

i recently put a set of lowering springs on my '84 berlinetta while rebuilding the motor so it was not in the car when i put the springs in. They were supposed to lower it 2" in the front 1.5" rear. The back end seemed to sit nicely but having the motor out the front end still sat at max height. Problem is when i finally got the motor back in, it doesn't seem to have lowered the front at ALL it may even ride higher now. Granted it lost some weight in the rebuild but is that whats causing this??? has anyone else had this problem? I know the stock spring rates are lower in berlinetta's but i wouldn't imagine that would effect too much.

Any input helps!!

thanks
Old 09-02-2006, 02:50 AM

to start off.... are the springs indexed right?....the end of the coil on the bottom is in between the two little holes in the a arms? some cheaper brand springs are not made well and will sit a little high at first then settle after a while. or the stock springs on the car were that bad that it was already sitting lower cause of the springs being worn out and now you think it didnt lower the car. you stated that you did an engine and the amount of weight you could really loose by aluminum heads and stuff wont make a to noticeable difference in height unless the springs are very soft rates. there are many guys in here who know the suspension stuff on third gens in and out, if my input doesnt help someone else will soon.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:51 PM

yeah the springs are indexed but i dont think that would have that much of an effect anyway.

My biggest question is since the berlinetta came stock with a softer spring than most, would the stiffer spring raise the car that much or at least maintain stock ride hieght even though they are shorter? If not what else might be the problem. The car sat at a good height before the rebuild and everything started and im pretty sure that the springs weren't too worn (soft) compared to stock. And like i said before the rear turned out like i expected about 1.5" lower

any help??