Suspension and Chassis Questions about your suspension? Need chassis advice?

Suspension is in need of proper advice.Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1987 TransAm Ttop
Engine: 2005 LQ4
Transmission: Ls1 T56
Axle/Gears: 3:42
Suspension is in need of proper advice.Help

Hey guys..Im new to this section of Tgo and need advice on making my car a lil better street manners.Im going to be doing alot of replacing parts this year to due to alot of original parts most likely worn for almost 100,000kms.I have Eibach sportline springs and stock shocks,bmr stb,wonderbar,poly swaybar bushings upfront,rearend is stock 100% except springs,motor and trans and ta have poly mounts.I plan on doing sfc,s and lcas and replacing brakes to start.Since swapping to my ls1/t56 the front end has lifted a bit with less front weight..while the backend compressed more.The ride is rather unpredictable back there and I always felt its too easy to swing the backend out and wheel hops with ease under hard acceleration.I think a good alignment is in order again ..maybe replace bushings all around.I daily drive and the occasional spirited driving on the highway and maybe once or twice drag strip just for test n tune.

I want to replace the front rubber spring locator/isolator(where do I get them from?) in the control arms because they look worn and I notice the passenger side is missing I guess when it was installed yrs ago which explains why side to side difference in height up front.My ls1 is being rebuilt quite a bit and I know this will only further make the suspension issues worse.I dont know anything about making a proper setup that provides my lowered stance with decent road manners.I see that kyb shocks are an affordable shock but I hear for my springs they would blow out? I feel every bump in the road as it is and I can handle it to a degree but the backend really takes/gives more abuse.Any feedback is welcomed.Thanks