TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

I need help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 02 Xtreme Blazer now
Engine: 4.3 v-6
Transmission: an automatic one! haha
I need help!!!!

my neighbor gave me a 350tbi out of an 87 suburban with 37,000 miles on it. It fired right up when it was in the Suburban with no smoke or nothing. I took it out to our shop and disassembled it. It was a VERY clean engine on the inside but the outside wasnt looking the best. In the cylinder walls there was VERY little ridge in it. Would you guys recommend me taking it to a engine shop and having them go through it or just put in new heads,cam,lifters,manifold....etc,etc. I want a pretty fast car but not a car that i have to work on at every stoplight to. I also need it to get good gas milage(i know those are two things everbody wants.) I have the cam and lifters already. Now i am debating on what i should use: a carb,efi,tuned port,tbi. I want the car to at least be in the low 13s, high 12s on motor. If i didnt get it bored out and i just got heads,cam,manifold,lifters,carb.....etc how fast do you guys think it would be? (thats probably a imposible question to answer but what the hell,right) If you guys could post your engine builds so i can get some ideas that would help me out alot.

Thanks, Todd

Im Tired Of My 305 Smoker Motor!!!
Old 11-06-2002, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12s and good gas milage... I gotta watch this thread!