TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

Having issue pulling out from stop

Old 12-06-2016, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having issue pulling out from stop

So my issue is that when pulling out from a dead stop, say sitting at a Redlight, I hit the gas and the engine just falls flat on its face then will all of a sudden recover and take off. I have replaced tps, iac, ran injector cleaner several times, checked fuel pressure, tripple checked the timing. I'm at a loss.
Ok here is the breakdown 355 Vortec heads, comp xe256h cam, flat top Pistons, performer rpm carb intake with transdapt TBI adapter, 46mm bored tb with 68lb cop car injectors,18 psi fuel pressure, Vortec truck fuel pump, egr is deleted and turned off in the tune, AIR injection deleted, long tube headers, 2.5 true dual exhaust, updated to a 3 wire O2 sensor. Ran great for about two weeks after the tune then this started. In searching the forum all I can find are EGR issues that cause this, however I don't have it. Any known issues? Could it possibly be the injectors? They are used and of unknown mileage.
Thanks,
Seth

Last edited by BLK87Z; 12-06-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:37 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 88 Firebird Formula
Engine: LO5 5.7 TBI/Ebl Flash
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 stock rear end
Re: Having issue pulling out from stop

Originally Posted by BLK87Z
So my issue is that when pulling out from a dead stop, say sitting at a Redlight, I hit the gas and the engine just falls flat on its face then will all of a sudden recover and take off. I have replaced tps, iac, ran injector cleaner several times, checked fuel pressure, tripple checked the timing. I'm at a loss.
Ok here is the breakdown 355 Vortec heads, comp xe256h cam, flat top Pistons, performer rpm carb intake with transdapt TBI adapter, 46mm bored tb with 68lb cop car injectors,18 psi fuel pressure, Vortec truck fuel pump, egr is deleted and turned off in the tune, AIR injection deleted, long tube headers, 2.5 true dual exhaust, updated to a 3 wire O2 sensor. Ran great for about two weeks after the tune then this started. In searching the forum all I can find are EGR issues that cause this, however I don't have it. Any known issues? Could it possibly be the injectors? They are used and of unknown mileage.
Thanks,
Seth
What are you using to adjust the tune?
Old 12-06-2016, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Having issue pulling out from stop

Actually I took it from KY where I live to NC and had TBICHIPS dyno tune it. Took several burns I'm guessing 10 or so, but we got it to finally put down 212/292 on a mustang chassis dyno, note that's going to be down about 12-15% from your dynojets etc. I was really happy with it, ran great pulled hard. Mind you this is in a 92 Caprice with a PTC Raptor 700R4 with a 2800 stall.

Search this Thread