Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Not related to a thirdgen....but I keep getting stranded!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2000, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not related to a thirdgen....but I keep getting stranded!!!

I had to put my Camaro away for the winter and now I'm driving an 87 Dodge Aries. Tonight me and my girlfriend went out to eat and when we walked out of the restaurant it was raining like all hell. As I was driving home my POS stalled the same as it usually does in the rain, I just didn't really think about it before it happened. So I was stranded in the rain and I tried calling people, but hell, it's friday night, nobody was home. So I sat there for about an hour in my car with my girlfriend. Then I tried to start it and the pile of crap finally started. We went home going about 10 mph through the back streets so that I didn't get any water in the engine bay. This happened to me once last year and I had to pay $60 to get it towed. Somebody told me that it was the distributor cap so I replaced it about 2 weeks ago, but look what happened last night. I'm real pissed and since this is my winter car, I'm going to need to drive it in wet conditions. It only happens when it's wet out and I can't figure it out for anything. Anybody know what to do about this?

------------------
89 Camaro RS 2.8 V6 auto
Exterior: White Interior: Black
T-tops, power-windows, locks, hatch.
Pioneer head unit and 4 way 6x9s.
Old 10-14-2000, 01:18 PM
ede
TGO Supporter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'd say since it only happens when it's raining you have water getting in your distributor cap or on your wires. check or replace them. i've saw silicone spray before that will seal them from water.

------------------
-=ICON MOTORSPORTS=-