Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

my car shakes a little at stand still idle...help

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 iroc-z ba boom!
Engine: V8 305 ( dont be fooled) =]
Transmission: TH-700R4 beefed up
my car shakes a little at stand still idle...help

hi.....my 87 tpi camaro ran excellent after i put on new msd wires cause one or two of them were split or cracked and burned...so after i put on the new set the car ran strong! amazing what one little problem can do to an engines performance. so anyway everything was good....but till my radiator was cut by one of the dual fans...one of the bolts came lose and the left fan went inot the small fine cooling coils which the antifreeze flows through so now i didnt know this happin till i got to the turnpike to pay the toll....car is smoking but not like strong white smoke but a mist spreaded every where....because it went all over the front of the engine! ok so no white smoke comes out and when the car is just running no blue smoke or whatever....thank ***. but i changed one spark plug wire that was burnt cause of the extreme heat from the engine. so i had extra msd wires that i thought i should keep just in case so i put that wire on and still not alot of pull or power and car still shakes. so i asume a cylinder is not firing right or not at all. so can it be that a spark plug is cracked or broke. the car starts up fine but just idles like ****. i dont think it could be anything else. if you guys have any info for me that it could be suttin else. i put alot of money into the car and im goin to race it soon but i need to fix this minor problem. thanks:hail: :hail: :hail: