Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Thanks to all!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2001, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all!!

I recently had my baby stolen and I asked for help on fixing my steering column. I want to give my deepest thanks for the great diagram (Vader) and to any one else who helped. I also want to share my my idea for a ram air system and I wanted feedback. I have seen the ideas for removing the high beam lights and such, but I didn't like them.

The punk who stole my car hit a telephone pole with it before running away like the coward was. I was forced to replace the bumper cover. Being a college student, I have very limited funds. I took a bumper cover off an early 80's third gen (the one with three slots on the front end). I used fiber glass mats to pipe the air from the three slots into the TPI air boxes. I had to use a Dremel to make room for the front marker lights and for the bumper ground effects. Actually my brother, who works for a body shop, helped me alot. Anyway I now have an IROC W/an early 80's front nose (Free trash to one guy, treasure to me!!) The nose has three big slots which now go directly to the TPI intake air boxes. I had to remove the outer honeycomb bumper pieces and some other bumper tabs, but it is a good fit.

I just wanted to know what you guys thought of my Ram Air Idea.

Thanks!!

Old 01-15-2001, 12:12 AM
Supreme Member

I like it, lets see a Pic To better describe what youve Got.

------------------
60 Ranchero - Project ( Money Hole )
85 Sport Coupe LG4 - Daily Driver

Livin' the Stereotype
Old 01-15-2001, 12:40 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot!! I also used a steering column cover from a 77 Buick LeSabre to fix the one the punk theif broke. The one from the 77 Buick is made of cast Aluminimum (I think it's Al) anyway, it's better that the plastic one my car came with!! I had to drill one hole into it (to hold in the lock Cylinder). My brother paited it to match the Factory Finish (texture and all!!!) I think It's better than new. I have some pictures, but I dont know how to get them on this board, If anyone would like to teach me how, please let me know.

Thanks!!