Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Lost Title

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost Title

i found a 91RS with a blown engine and the body/suspension/tranny/rearend is still good the problem is the guy who has it bought it with the property that he wanted. the previous owner never came up with a title and moved away. I want to buy it and put a engine in it except i need to file for a lost title before i do anything. I dont know what to do Can anyone help who has done this before, and if so how much is this gonna cost?

Thanks for the help
Old 04-04-2001, 09:48 AM
Supreme Member

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
You should be able to go to the Secretary of State, or Department of motor vehicles (depending on where you live....) and apply for a lost title, it will have a notice on it that it is a duplicate, but, it will allow you to get plates and all the other legal stuff. Runs anywhere from 10 to 50 bucks, again, just depends on where you live.

HTH