Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

A sincere thank you to Dirk.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2001, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A sincere thank you to Dirk.

This is the best site I have ever been too, it is full of cool, smart, and helpfull people. I think I speak for all of us when I say your site has saved our asses more then a few times. Just wanted to say that.
Old 04-23-2001, 10:30 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1987 Z28 Convertible
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 5-speed
Dirk is a personal friend of mine who lives only 10 minutes away. It's amazing how much time he spends administering this site. It's all behind the scenes to us, so as the user, we cannot know the effort he puts into this. Trust me, he spends most of his free time working this site. He's done it for years and should be recognized for all the time and funds he has pumped into "his baby".

Now if I could only get him to run his car at the track like he used to..... I've given up on the poor boy....

Just had to say this before this thread is locked. Lock away!!

Willie

[This message has been edited by Willie (edited April 23, 2001).]
Old 04-23-2001, 11:00 PM
Neo
TGO Supporter

Dirk b4 this post gets locked I would also like to thank you. I got here like a week b4 the redesign I just have to say I love it. I was just wondering if there was ever going to be a way to vote or complemnt people's rides in the section? ...well other than e-mails and the UBB? Thanks Again

------------------
Mike Kenny
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 305 TBI
My Website
Administrator at Auto-Clubs.net
Moderator at ColoradoCamaroClubs.com

My Baby
Old 04-23-2001, 11:45 PM

Car: 89 IROC
Engine: Yes
Transmission: That, too.
**COUGH**(brown-nosers)**COUGH***

Old 04-24-2001, 02:11 AM
Supreme Member

I as well Think this site is a Great resource, depsite the occasional bull**** One has to wade through, There is alot of Good Info here.

Good Job!

Oh, and I really LIke how the Moderators Keep the topics Tech. Keeps the BS to a minimum.

------------------
60 Ranchero - Project ( Money Hole )
85 Sport Coupe LG4 - Daily Driver

Just another Hot Rod kid, or thats what they all tell me.
Livin' the Stereotype
Old 04-24-2001, 02:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1987 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: 305TPI
Transmission: 700R4
i, too, know Dirk in person.. we never met for an extended period of time but for long enough that he made an impression on me.

he, contrary to things said in the past, is a level-headed person. he is very smart, willing to listen, and a very nice guy.

thirdgen.org is his baby, and he has pioneered the best thirdgen resource in existance, period.

my hat is off to him, to his site, and to the users who come here.. the majority of the people here are respectful and want to help.

keep it up guys..

Colin

------------------
Webmaster: www.IROC-Z.org
Old 04-24-2001, 07:48 PM
Supreme Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Car: 89 TTA
Engine: Turbo 3.8
Transmission: 200R4
I don't know Dirk personally, but I'd be willing to bet he is everything his friends say about him. I was here before the site was redesigned. It was my favorite back then and is easily my favorite site on the web now. It's the first site I check when I turn on my computer. I've learned more about cars on this site that I ever thought I could know and you just keep learning more. You have my thanks.

P.S. When I first joined I was just a 17 year old that didn't know jack about cars. I was afraid to be mocked and driven away but everyone on here was nice to me and helped me a great deal. In a couple of years, after I'm midway through college I want to hold a gathering down here in Louisiana. Maybe there are some people that will make it down here to cajun country. Once again. Awesome site. Keep up the good work. Lock away
Old 04-24-2001, 07:58 PM
ede
TGO Supporter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why would you lock this? i don't understand why you all want it loked, but i will (actually i have a reason or two). it is a great site and i'm glad to be part of it. sometimes i still can't believe dirk allows me to be a moderator here.

------------------
ICON Motorsports

1st & 3rd
MM Black Diamond 538 F&AM