Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Who has a Lift?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who has a Lift?

I'm planning the changes I want to make to my garage and am interested in a lift. I'm curious how many people have them and the companies out there to look into. Also if you have any pictures that would be awesome.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:50 PM

WHATS YOUR IDEA AS TO THE BEST QUALITY LIFTS WITH THE BEST SUPPORT AVAILABLE

www.directlift.com

www.backyardbuddy.com

www.autolifts.com

www.stingerlifts.com

www.doublepark.net

www.mohawklifts.com

www.autolifters.com

http://www.bendpak.com/

http://www.bendpak.com/product_info.isg?products_id=881

http://www.rotarylift.com/

http://eagleequip.com/Merchant2/merc...tegory_Code=LI

now after extensively reseaching my options , and starting out convinced I wanted a 4 post lift, I bought this

both two and four post designs are/were extensively researched feature by feature and support/parts availability and service were very important factors. ive narrower the field considerably and much to my surprize this (BELOW) is the lift that currently is the winner, its american made and comes with a 5 year warrantee and its certified

http://www.ben-pearson.com/9000si.shtml

yeah! ITS a TWO post!, I looked into every "lift failure"
I could find, most accidents are either on CHINESE made LIFTS or envolve OPERATOR ERROR, since OPERATOR ERROR is not really a LIFT FAILURE UNLESS its a BADLY DESIGNED FEATURE that CAUSED THE PROBLEM, I took that into account also
it was close but sometimes its what they DON,T say thats important also, heres what the sites say.... I called several companys who could not or would not even tell me where I could inspect one of thier lifts in the area or tell me who was the local service company, or tell me they sold american made CERTIFIED LIFTS

cost about $3600 installed
Weight: 1700lbs
Ben Pearson's LOCAL SERVICING DEALER
Ben Pearson's 9000SI Two-Post.
ALI certified/validated by ETL
Single point safety release
Padded overhead shut-off bar
2-5/8" & 5" truck adapters included
Extra long carriage for smooth lifting
Convenient stack-pad storage rack on post
Automatic engage and release arm restraint
Extra large ultra-high molecular bearing blocks
Low profile arms for low ground clearance
Optional height extension kits for taller vehicles
Clear floor design for convenient use of floor jacks

now I called and talked to all the companys listed in the first post in this thread to get a feel for the sales/service,and ask questions on features but what clinched it between the two for me personally was calling both companys for locations where each had installed lifts,and finding and looking over both lifts at local shops, I found three shops with BEN PEARSON lifts, THEY WERE ALL VERY HAPPY,so happy they were braging about how trouble free they were! while the two shops I visited with the BEND PAC lifts were happy but found nothing to rave about, now Im not sure thats a valid source of info but it impressed me! since the local shops with the ben pearson lifts also mentioned the local dealer stops by or calls about once every month to check if they need service or shop tools (kind of like the MAC tool guys, the BEN PEARSON GUYS have a route)

Last edited by grumpyvette; 03-24-2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:49 PM
SSC
Supreme Member

Car: No more birdy
Ive got two, one is an in ground the other is a two post. The in ground isnt ideal IMO since it limits the type of work that can be done, no RWD transmissions but for brakes and some FWD apps its ok. If you limited on space the in ground would be nice but EPA regulations can be tough and you may need a $1800 liner. The one in the pic is a two post A-Symetric 10K. It's nice but I dont care for way 3rdgens sit on them since most of the car is behind the lift it just seems awkward and unstable which is odd because everything else even large trucks are fine. This one was made by Target and they were on sale a few months back like $2300 total with shiping. depending on what you all plan on using a lift for you need to decide if you would be better off with a symetric 50/50 or A symetric 60/40, 80% of shops use A symetric some lifts will allow you both arm posistions. If you building a garage make sure you have a good concrete pad at least 4" thick.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:54 PM
SSC
Supreme Member

Car: No more birdy
Ok.
Attached Thumbnails Who has a Lift?-lift.jpg