Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

NEED HELP!! window leak, ttop leak, hatch leak!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 2000 SS
Engine: LS1
Transmission: a4
Axle/Gears: 3.42
NEED HELP!! window leak, ttop leak, hatch leak!!

let me describe the situation and hopefully someone can help

i have 2 different ttops. one is glass one is plastic (pass. side ttop flew off so it was replaced with an older one. so now the pass. side is glass)

the pass ttop has a torn up weather flap. its the flap that hangs down over the window, im sure u all know what im talkin about. that little strip of rubber is hanging down a little bit, to the point where the window hits it, and doesnt go up all the way. now my window motor is really weak, and barely moves the window up. the motor isnt that huge of a problem yet tho, cuz it does in fact still work enough...
i figured since the window motor kept pushing the window up against the rubber flap, thats the reason its ****ed up. if i have someone hold the flap out while i roll up the window it closes almost all the way. there is still a slight gap, enough for water to come in, but i think that the weather flap/weather stripping could fix that.
alot of times i forget to hold the flap while rolling up the window, and my passenger literally gets rained on. its a pain in the ***...

also my hatch leaks, but im assuming i just need new weatherstripping for that.

i drove in the rain the other day, and i covered the outside of the passenger window with duct tape, along the seals. it helped, but it still dripped a bit inside
also, for the first time, I got wet.... the drivers side ttop never leaked, till then. now water seems to enter the back of the ttop, rolls down to the corner of the window, windshield and ttop, and drips on my knee.

i hope im describing this well enough for you all.

cliffnotes: drivers side ttop leaks, passenger side window leaks like crazy AND i think the passenger side ttop leaks a little too. hatch also leaks

my car is just not meant for rain... someone please help. what do i do? should i just get new ttops and weatherstripping? weatherstripping seems like its gonna be a big pain in the *** of a project and i dont want to spend hundreds of dollars on a complete weatherstripping kit.

my passengers are tired of getting wet and my parents are tired of me taking up the garage... please help
Old 07-20-2007, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 2000 SS
Engine: LS1
Transmission: a4
Axle/Gears: 3.42
Re: NEED HELP!! window leak, ttop leak, hatch leak!!

BUMP!

will sfc's help me with this problem?
Old 06-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Supreme Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1983 Pontiac Trans Am Daytona 500
Engine: Crossfire 305ci V8
Transmission: Jasper 700R4 4 speed Automatic
Axle/Gears: 3.23 limited slip/posi
Re: NEED HELP!! window leak, ttop leak, hatch leak!!

i am having the same problem as well