Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP!!!

I have a 91 camaro, 5.7 TPI, automatic, that's running rough, surges, sometimes delayed or no acceleration when pedal pressed further, or wont idle at a stop. Runs rich, can smell the fuel and see black and sometimes white smoke from exhaust. It had overheating problems originally because the fans weren't coming on. got that fixed. Now still it overheats because my radiator is clogging, about to get that fixed. It's been running so rough now my rpm gauge stopped reading. just the other day i saw it move when i first started it up, but only a little and for a short moment, then it stopped again and drove like **** all the way home. the guy i bought it from put a hyper tech computer chip in it, i don't know what kind or if it went bad and is causing the problems i'm having. i don't have any check engine light codes. i scann it all the time and i only get the one code your supposed to, 12. when i first bought the car and drove it, i felt a random but short gerk or surge when driving on the highway. this problem happened only once in a while so i didn't worry about it. another problem i've had lately is a no start, no crank unless i wait 5-15 minutes then it will start then run like ****. i've replaced the starter, battery, spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, idle air control valve, all 3 exhaust check vavles, brake booster check vavle, pcv vavle, vacuum hoses, thermostat, upper and lower radiator hoses, fuel filter, oil and filter, air filters brand new k&n, oxygen sensor, serp belt and trany fluid & filter a year ago, ignition lock cyclinder and both coolant fan relays. Replacing all these things helped, but there is still a problem and its getting much worse. the car is almost undriveable. if there's anyone smart enough to help me figure this out, please lend me some good advice. Thank you for reading this. I hope you can help me.