Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

V8 won't started... changed coil, started... but now won't start :(

Old 10-27-2008, 06:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
V8 won't started... changed coil, started... but now won't start :(

Hello!,

In July of 2008, my Trans Am V8 won't started. After check various componts, I found the problem, humidity into coil (one week previus of the problem, there was too much rain!!)

I buy a new coil from eBay, started perfectly and pefect until... today!

On September I make a large travel into my country and again appear the rain . When I was arrive to my garage, stop de car, and the next weekend I was trying to start the car.. but against the same problem. Wont start, and see with a multimeter the tension into the coil, and it was shortcircuit.

Dismount coil, it was humidity ,put at the sun for dry it, for various hours, mount the coil, try to start, and it was perfect!

But today the car wont start again . There is no any rain, the car was into my garage after the last problem, and I was starting the car every weeks!.

Can be bad coil again cause of the last rain in september? can be a electrical problem thats broke the coil? (for example, quit the key for start, and the coil continue working without ignition position with the key...)...

thanks very much and sorry for the english