Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help!

Hello,

I own a '97 V8 Camaro Z28 30th anniversary issue with 139,000 miles.
I am having a problem with intermittent stalling/failure to re-start that I think may be fuel related.
Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding a write-up on dropping the fuel tank? The fuel pump relay seems to be working, I'm stumped and I would appreciate any help you guys could give me.
Thank you and have a great day!

P.S. I found this site via GIS, if there is a similar Camaro forum that might be more appropriate, could you please let me know?
Old 12-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1988 Camaro
Engine: 377
Transmission: TH350; Circle D 4200 converter
Axle/Gears: Ford 9"
Re: Please Help!

Originally Posted by gajhz
Hello,

I own a '97 V8 Camaro Z28 30th anniversary issue with 139,000 miles.
I am having a problem with intermittent stalling/failure to re-start that I think may be fuel related.
Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding a write-up on dropping the fuel tank? The fuel pump relay seems to be working, I'm stumped and I would appreciate any help you guys could give me.
Thank you and have a great day!

P.S. I found this site via GIS, if there is a similar Camaro forum that might be more appropriate, could you please let me know?
LS/LT forums would probably be better. Either that or LS1tech and drop into the LT sub forums. This sounds like a potential optispark failure to me, but it could be a lot of things. Are you getting any codes thrown? That would be the first place to start before jumping the gun and dropping the tank.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:07 PM

Car: 84 Trans Am
Engine: 305 for now
Transmission: 5spd

I seen this trouble with a 96 Camaro not too long ago, problem ended up being the distributor, a tab broke off inside of the distributor itself, before dropping the tank look into a spark problem as well
Old 12-12-2011, 06:12 PM

Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 305 TPI

Ignition modules can exhibit this kind of behavior as well.