Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Other end of MAP sensor vacuum line.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Other end of MAP sensor vacuum line.

Long story short: my 91 Camaro RS 305 has been running like absolute garbage lately and has become fond of shutting off while running at seemingly random times.

I've just performed the paperclip trick and discovered codes 33, 34, and 54. Two of the three point to my MAP sensor being out of whack.

When going to remove it in an Autozone parking lot I discovered the root of my problems, I think: The vacuum hose coming out of the MAP sensor isn't actually plugged into anything on the other end.

I've spent a few minutes searching and can't find an empty vacuum hose port where it should go. Where does the MAP sensor vacuum line plug into?

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Five minutes after posting I realized I could just look up a vacuum diagram. It turns out the reason I can't find an empty slot for this hose is because the hose snapped in half, leaving half of it sticking out of the TBI into a cluster of hoses as if it belonged there. Now to begin the journey of finding that exact hose on AutoZone's website!

Last edited by SecondOwner; 02-22-2017 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Figured it out.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:36 AM
Supreme Member

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Car: '87 IROC
Engine: LB9
Transmission: TH700R4
Re: Other end of MAP sensor vacuum line.

Typically, those vacuum hoses are universal. Just buy a length of the correct diameter (match up the existing hose) and cut it to length.