Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Why do people always give me bad looks when I go by?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 07:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1984 Chevy Camaro & 1988 Trans Am
Engine: H/C/I LS1 & 305 LB9
Transmission: T56 Magnum-F 2.66 & Stock T5
Axle/Gears: QP 9" Trac-Lok 3.70 & Stock
Re: Why do people always give me bad looks when I go by?

I've definitely had some cases like this happen to me.

My most recent one:

We were going camping and the campground's speed was 15mph. I payed for my lot and we drove past a DNR truck at the entrance and the guy yelled SLOW DOWN!!! I looked at my speedometer and I was going just under 15.

We just kept going and went to our lot and parked and set up our tent with our buddies who were already there.

The DNR truck comes up and asks who owns the black car.
I said me and he told me how I better watch my speed because they can't have me going that fast around here with the kids here.

I asked him if he had a type of radar that he had clocked me with because I hadn't even been going 15. He said he could tell I was goosing it, I explained to him that I was just giving it enough gas to idle it at around 12 mph. I told him I'd be heading home again in about 20 minutes to pick up a few more things and that I'd be sure to be going exactly 15mph when I left and for him to take notes.

At one point I also explained to him how you can expect my car to have a louder exhaust.

I did and he didn't even look up at me when I left the second time or when I came back.

Now to touch on other points made here.

I used to be the stereotype pretty much - although it was before my thirdgen days. Back when I had my V6 mustang I'd floor it around town, go sideways around a corner (Yeah it actually had enough power to do it), traffic weave, blast music... I wanted to get a loud exhaust - etc etc.

Then I got my 1st speeding ticket while racing and was faced with losing my license for a year. I managed to appeal it and keep my license and just have to take a class.

Taught me a thing or two and I really took notes from it.
Now you'll rarely see me speeding or doing anything illegal. I'm probably one of the few people in Iowa who stop at stop signs completely, signal for all lane changes/turns, and overall have good road manners.

The only time I'll get douchey anymore is when the right person comes along and does something I reeeeally hate.

An example of this:
Yesterday this what I call "Aged Trophy Wife" pulls out really fast onto the street - right along side me (its a 2 lane both ways) but for as fast as she pulled out I was scared she was gonna sideswipe me at first so I gave it some gas.

Then I can tell shes flooring it to try to get in front of me. It pisses me off how she just pulled out so fast and is doing like 50 in a 35 to try to get around me. I floored it and wouldn't let her switch lanes and there was a car behind me and a car in front of her. Then I came up to my turn and could see her rolling down her window in my rearview trying to yell but I just went ahead and turned.

I just can't stand people like that and I'll typically still do that kind of stuff if the right person rubs me the wrong way on the road.

As for my car - its not that loud, its more of the deep thundering type sound at low acceleration. Although I'd still like to get rid of the flowmasters - especially when/if I get headers i'd like to go with magnaflow
Old 11-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 iroc-z camaro
Engine: 305TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: G92 3.23 posi

Originally Posted by THEGunboundGod
I cringe when I see people parking next to me or parallel parking near me. People open their doors to wide, they hit cars, scuff em, and they drive away.
iv got a fix to this problem PARK AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN! i park a mile away from any car when i park my durango or my camaro and thats why in the last 1 and a half years i havent had 1 scratch or dent in my durango literly there isnt 1 the dents in the camro is from the previous owner

Last edited by iroc stangs; 11-16-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:56 PM

Car: '65 trk, '69 trk, neon
Engine: 283, 250, 2.0
Transmission: truck 4 speed, 3 spd, 5 spd
Axle/Gears: 14 bolt, 12 bolt, stock w/ 3.94

Originally Posted by 92z28camarokid
Honestly when someone needs to get over I never really have a problem lettin em in unless its already tight enough. Im not really a fan of those grand prixs, funny story a couple of kids in a older grand prix spot lighted me and a couple of my friends as we were parked down at the bottom of the strip. Lets just say we dont play nice. there was 4 vehicles in my group, a SRT-4, a ford f150 Boss, me in my moms cavalier,, and my friend in his moms impala. Well lets just say there was a lot of tailgating then a lil boxing in and runnin about 15mph in 45mph on the highway while my buddy in is srt-4 gave the punks a nice lil talkin to. the best part is while the kid was talkin to my buddy he was tryin to watch my bumper to make sure he didnt hit me, i slowed way down while he was talkin and when he looked forward he slammed on his brakes and smacked his face on his own steering wheel. We let him go after that. It was mean I know but man was it hilarious.
I don't like letting people in who drive faster than the speed limit, then they have to get into the right lane to exit. I usually don't let them in, and here in el paso they try to be a bigger person and try to over take you anyway but I just keep going and they finally hit the brakes cause they can't get in
Old 11-16-2009, 08:42 PM

Car: 86 Iroc-Z28 Camaro/84 BMW M Power
Engine: 350TPI/ S50
Transmission: t-5 five speed/ 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 3.42 posi/ 3.73LSD

This is off topic but, Candle I think your truck is awesome. It is seriously Cool.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Iroc-Z28Man
This is off topic but, Candle I think your truck is awesome. It is seriously Cool.
haha, thanks. I also inherited my mom's 1969 pickup which is also pictured in front of my truck. as soon as I can find one, I'm going to put a 350 in it with glasspacks as well and newer transmision such as a t56 or a t5. thanks again, it's great to see people who love the oldies as much as I do
Old 11-17-2009, 04:22 PM

Car: BMW 330i ///M Sport
Engine: M54 DOHC I6
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: Stock

people are dicks my car isn't loud so i don't get any looks but we have had the cops at our house a dozen times because people have called them on aaron. he's got flowmasters and no cat. he leaves for college at 5 in the morning and people dont appreciate the noise... every time ppl call, the next day he starts the car revs it for a few minutes, drops it in first and drives laps around the neighborhood goosin it at 30 lol. it is sooo funny!!! and then the cops come to the house again askin for him lol.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:17 AM

Car: 97 Cummins 92 CamaroZ28, 94 GSXR750
Engine: Modded 5.9 , carbed sbc358, modded
Transmission: Nv4500, 700R4 (for now)
Axle/Gears: stock

Originally Posted by candle
I don't like letting people in who drive faster than the speed limit, then they have to get into the right lane to exit. I usually don't let them in, and here in el paso they try to be a bigger person and try to over take you anyway but I just keep going and they finally hit the brakes cause they can't get in
Haha yah that just like when the lane is closed up ahead and people try to get as far as they can and get over, Ill admit I try to get as far as I can but if I dont think I can get any further ahead I will drive down the middle of the lanes so no one can get past me. Here at the lake we are full of !@sshole tourist that think they can do whatever they want, but me and my friends always travel in packs and when one person is messed with then we all jump in to play.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by J91Camaro
people are dicks my car isn't loud so i don't get any looks but we have had the cops at our house a dozen times because people have called them on aaron. he's got flowmasters and no cat. he leaves for college at 5 in the morning and people dont appreciate the noise... every time ppl call, the next day he starts the car revs it for a few minutes, drops it in first and drives laps around the neighborhood goosin it at 30 lol. it is sooo funny!!! and then the cops come to the house again askin for him lol.
LMAO!!! I remember when he did that burnout in your guys drive way and your dad was home and was like WTF!!!!!! I LMAO!!! I told him not to do it the whole time i was on the phone with him.....it was so funny.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by PATS88IROCZ
LMAO!!! I remember when he did that burnout in your guys drive way and your dad was home and was like WTF!!!!!! I LMAO!!! I told him not to do it the whole time i was on the phone with him.....it was so funny.
lol yah i heard about it. he didn't do a burnout tho he just spun the tires and they screached lol... yeah dad was pissed off lol. that thing is fast tho, you better look out. it flys for an lo3, he just ran a 15.1 at the track and its almost stock lol.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 85' Trans Am !best car ever!
Engine: 305tpi 215hp LB9 two bolt,
Transmission: th-700r4
Axle/Gears: stock (3.27)

i get what you guys are saying, Theres a road that goes from 40mph to 50mph, but a store in between. After leaving the store, ill accelerate but got yelled at but a lady going 40 in a 50. "SLOW DOWN"!!. the 50mph road has a divider to make a u turn, the next week a made uturn, a fireman (across the street from the lady) yells "slow down"! Im like okay in my head. now i just cruise it at 35. too much drama.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by J91Camaro
lol yah i heard about it. he didn't do a burnout tho he just spun the tires and they screached lol... yeah dad was pissed off lol. that thing is fast tho, you better look out. it flys for an lo3, he just ran a 15.1 at the track and its almost stock lol.
lol, I run low 14s without tryen and nearly a full tank of gas, not airing the tires down, with fat me in it and not stalling it.....and he has more stuff done than I do....for now....

I will murder Aaron and send him and that pos car of his to the dark side

under the cover of darkness zzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ-28
Old 11-18-2009, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by PATS88IROCZ
lol, I run low 14s without tryen and nearly a full tank of gas, not airing the tires down, with fat me in it and not stalling it.....and he has more stuff done than I do....for now....

I will murder Aaron and send him and that pos car of his to the dark side

under the cover of darkness zzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ-28
u are takin this thread in the wrong direction. you ran a 14.6, after you took your filter off and aired the tires down i already know. thats what it is capable of. this is your FOURTH account on this site, stop the behavior seriously, you wont murder him. i'm starting to see why you annoy aaron so much. it may be his car be he isnt here to defend himself so i will defend him, it is a very clean thirdgen and gets a lot of compliments, u havent even seen it so stop ripping on it. id trade mine for his anyday.

i'm sorry for this op, but it had to be done he is really getting on my nerves.

i think the reason ppl yell at us so much is because our cars are low slung and they look like they are going faster that they really are even with stock exhaust. u add a loud exhaust to the mix and people freak.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:36 PM

no...I did not run no .6 and I did not air then down I aired the front up. I have seen him run and he will see tail lights the whole time....
Old 11-18-2009, 10:35 PM

okay whatever you say man he's doing a ton more to the car this winter, headers, 670tbi, tune, street cam and 1.6's and performer intake and gears. if yours is still stock next year he'll be way ahead of you. i know his is a 305 tbi car but it is impressive... its got 2.73s and the torque even with that is great.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:07 AM
Supreme Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: '89 RS, '89 Iroc
Engine: L03, LB9
Transmission: 700r4, T5
Axle/Gears: 2.73, 3.08

dude a near stock 305 vs 350, of coarse he would see taillights all the way down, YOU HAVE A 350, but from what i see when hes done this winter you will be seein the tails

plus why are you gonna start that argument this is thirdgen vs. thirdgen, you should be helping eachother get faster not arguing over who is
Old 11-19-2009, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by CaveCock
dude a near stock 305 vs 350, of coarse he would see taillights all the way down, YOU HAVE A 350, but from what i see when hes done this winter you will be seein the tails

plus why are you gonna start that argument this is thirdgen vs. thirdgen, you should be helping eachother get faster not arguing over who is
Me and aaron are like that, we poke at each and beat our chest, it just a quest for male do-ma-nense (cnt spl) mine wount be stock next year either....Im keeping my mouth shut about it too....plus aaron cant do none of the stuff he wants to and is always looking into getting some other pos 305 cars.
Aaron is ALWAYS calling me and texting me asking about whats what and what not about cars and such....so um yea good luck aaron THE MIDNIGHT-Z WILL PREVAIL!!!!!

-plus aaron is a poor coolege kid...going fast takes money.

-sorry for laim post....

Last edited by PATS88IROCZ; 11-19-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 86' IROC-Z....and 5 other 3rdgens
Engine: 383 hsr
Transmission: built 700r4
Axle/Gears: stock 3.23, 10bolt

haha wow. i remember when i use to be like you (thinkin my car domminated all), but iv come to relize reality more now and calmed it down a tid bit. but you look like a fun guy to race tho. u have no idea how much i got dogged on at my local hangouts for having a 305. i just ignored the remarks until some money was thrown my way one night for a race, and to everyones suprise.....they shut up about my 305 once and for all. and i USED to think it was fast, (but it is for wut it is) but now i dont, so im doing some major surgery to her. **** it, lets get to the chase..my little 305 guarenteed will beat your stock 350
Old 11-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Supreme Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 88 Formula 350
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 9" 3.89

Ill run ya Pats...
Old 11-19-2009, 06:13 PM

would 305tpi manual transmission camaro--->beat a 305tpi auto transam?
Old 12-17-2009, 09:14 AM

Car: 1984 camaro berlinetta,86 300zx
Engine: crappy 305
Transmission: 700r4

I have to agree i cant stand that ether.A while back when i was driving my Nissan 300zx around i had turned the corner and went to whataburger to get some food it was about 1am and when i did my bov flutterd on my car and there was a cop there and he walked up and told me that i need to learn to control my car and if i did it again that he was going to tow it and i didnt even get on it or spin the tire i only went about 4 psi + boost out of the 12psi i ran and i told him that i always does that and then he trentend to tow my car lol so yeah it sucks.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:03 AM

Car: 89 RS
Engine: 305 TBI (lo3)
Axle/Gears: Whatever is stock.

My Camaro is all stock for now. However my Mustang is far from it. The exhaust is: Headers, off road H-pipe, and dual Flowmasters ending before the axle with no turn downs. Oh my god I get looks. People telling me to slow down when im not going fast too. I just learned to block it out. When I notice some jerk giving me the eye I just don't look anymore.

Funny story. In my hood the people next to me had loud party's doing into the next morning and I never see cops. U know how people get loud at party's. Well I heard some dude yelling about the drugs he had one time. They get in their cars late at night all drugged and drunk and do burnouts. yet the guy that lives their has 2 young kids and thinks its cool to yell at people to slow down and when I drive by he tells me to burn them off and he would love to "roll with me anytime".

One day when I was driving the speed limit around my neighborhood after wrenching on it I seen the cops come driving by while I was getting out. Sure its loud and I was getting on it. I just think its funny that the guy two houses down can shoot his gun off in the front yard at 3am and no cops but let me get my car out and here comes the cops. I have yet to have one hit the lights on me, but when they do good luck catching me.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:20 AM

Haha now Striker911 just some words of advice for u. It doesnt matter how fast your car is when it comes from running from cops. Its all about how well u can hide and whether or not they got a good look at your car. Cops have radios and they will use them. You take off running and there will be more waiting for you up ahead and then when it comes to how well they see your car is gunna affect whether or not ur going to be able to drive it again. After bein pulled over by almost every city cop in this town they know who I am, Ive actually became friends with some of em and Ive had them ask me about different cars that have ran from em. I dont talk but I know there is people that do. Its best just to pull over and be as polite as you possibly can, be nice to them and they will be nice to u. Oh and if your gunna hide make sure u have some distance before u turn onto another road, ik that the state troopers cars all have suspension work done to em so they can handle the backroads a lot better then our 3rd gens can. All in all its best not to run, you never know they may let you off.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:23 AM

Car: 92 rs 25th anniverssary
Engine: 305 carbourated
Transmission: t-5 5 speed

their just jealous that you have a better or nicer car then they have themselve, i get caught all the time "flying" according o everyone just b/c i have a loud car, who cares what they think as long as its legal right.. lol
Old 12-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56

Because no one wants to hear stock motors with disgusting sounding glass packs...or stock exhaust w/ rust holes. Get a decent exhaust and looks will probably improve.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:07 PM

Ya I wouldn't run to get caught. When I was like 10 I tried to run from the cops on my lil Honda XL70 dirt bike. It was fun. Lived in CA so I took some canals and went in a almond orchard. He got me. We where rolling side by side with him in the field and me on the street. Doing like 60 he jumped a levy like Bo Duke and slid sideways right in front of me. I was done. That's all I needed to be one wide eyed kid. He put my bike in his trunk and took me home. Still let me go with no tickets.

I got away every other time I ran after that. I am almost 30 though and have learned to see when I have a chance or not. Not many chances lately since I got like 20 tickets in the last year. I am just waiting for a cop to come get me since im not paying. The last 3 times I got pulled I was like
"ya u guys want me in your car". Was open and honest about it all and they still let me go anyways. Two wrote me up for three more tickets each and another for just no seat belt. Im a mess and I just don't care anymore. Let my actions be a lesson to u all. If u get tickets pay them I have like 35 unpaid from literally from the east to west coast. not proud, just not rich.

Think about how hard it is to get a job right now. Then think about how hard it is to get one with no D/L after u have turned wrenches most of your life. Spent 20k on tools and cant even get a desk job. Yes that's right. Even a desk job requires a dam D/L in this economy. Oh don't forget a credit check too. Not working for $8 an hour too since it pays more for me to watch my own kids. My poor wife. Well guys; don't do what I did.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 GTA/93 S13/91 Si
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.23

i think its funny =P but around here (909) people tend to LOVE loud cars so i dont bothered much.,..except by campus rent a cops -_-
Old 12-25-2009, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by 92z28camarokid
Haha yah that just like when the lane is closed up ahead and people try to get as far as they can and get over, Ill admit I try to get as far as I can but if I dont think I can get any further ahead I will drive down the middle of the lanes so no one can get past me. Here at the lake we are full of !@sshole tourist that think they can do whatever they want, but me and my friends always travel in packs and when one person is messed with then we all jump in to play.
I know it's been like months since I've been on here. but my mom didn't want me to have a camaro. so here I sit, still without a camaro, instead I bought myself a 97 neon sport. it's a 5-speed, and the DOHC. It blows doors off of v6 camaro's and mustang's. I still have the two trucks, those are NEVER leaving. I want to buy at least a project camaro though. I'm going to get a new job, and will be making MUCH more than I was, and so I'll be able to finish my trucks, and have a camaro. and keep the neon for sentimental value(long story) hopefully though. I've got all fingers crossed..
Old 12-25-2009, 05:12 AM

Car: What don't I drive
Engine: 305 tbi

I always say to each their own. And of course my favorite saying is that everbody has the right to their wrong opinions. I hate noisy fart can exhausts and crap rap music, especially when I can hear it and feel it over my surround sound in my house. I try to put myself in other people's shoes when I am out and about, there have been many of times (especially in MO) when on the interstate people are racing using cruise control, one going 1/2 mph faster than the one they are passing, so when the lane finally opens up I pass them, most of those people just hear the whine of the charger and then the exhaust (my truck that is). On that note I no longer own an Fbody, I had to move to VA and couldn't take all my vehicles with us, so I gave it to my wife's niece as her first car. She loves it and has so many ideas running around in that head of her's, I have been trying to get her to join the site but they moved to a place where they can only use dial-up. I want another one though, maybe in a few years huh.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:29 AM
J91
Supreme Member

Car: 91 Z28,64ImpalaSS4094spd,67 Galaxy
Engine: Dart 415Profiler hd,cmprlrs,Hlly750
Transmission: Built 700R4, 3200 stall
Axle/Gears: 3:89 Moser 9"

Originally Posted by FlamedROC
Because no one wants to hear stock motors with disgusting sounding glass packs...or stock exhaust w/ rust holes. Get a decent exhaust and looks will probably improve.
Ain't it the truth!!!!!
Old 12-25-2009, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by J91
Ain't it the truth!!!!!
there's nothing wrong with glasspacks. my trucks got em, and they sound way better than flowmasters. flowmasters are everywhere and it gets annoying now. glasspacks are timeless and still sound amazing
Old 12-25-2009, 10:33 PM

Car: 1988 Camaro Sport Coupe
Engine: 2.8L V6 MPFI

I've only got a V6 in my Camaro and it isn't very loud, just enough to be noticed. I got chased down in my neighborhood by an off-duty US Marshall because he thought I was going too fast. I was doing 25 in a 20. I stopped at the stopsign and he ran up yelling at me to put it in park and get out of the car. I just looked at him and drove on. People are just stupid.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:17 AM

incredibly smooth compared to how it was when I got it!).
Anyways, last week I find that my car has been keyed down to the ****ing metal on both doors and on the back in a few spots. I covered the scratches up right away and filed a police report. I'm not going to do anything brash, but I am going to do something about this eventually. I rent my place, but that guy owns his house (as well as a dormant porche and a new honda element).
About two years ago a neighbor of mine had a disagreement with this same dude whom I suspect of keying my car at the stop sign on our street. A few days later he found a huge key scratch on his Range Rover. Another note I should add that points to this guy - the other day when I started up my car I could see in my side-view mirror that this dude was standing in the street, staring at my car for a bit. He was pretty far away, so I wonder if he knows that I suspect him. Anyways, just thought I'd add this story as an anecdote of when a thirdgen pisses someone off a little more than usual.[/quote]

What a jerk. Id be getting his car 3x's worse.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:30 AM

Car: 84 monte carlo ss 85 camaro z28
Engine: 350/350vortec
Transmission: turbo 350/700r4
Axle/Gears: stock posi

Originally Posted by THEGunboundGod
So I drive out of Market Basket, accelerating to 30 mph, which is completely legal, and stop at hannafords to get some foods. The manager walks by and says "I saw you take out of Market Basket like, what are you doing?" I guess he was talking about me going fast or something, which I wasn't. I've got glasspacks so it's pretty loud. When I'm going 30mph at around 3-4000 rpm people give me angry looks like I'm going 80. One women started yelling slow down at me, when I was going 25. Why can't people get loud doesn't mean fast. Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this, but it's aggrivating that I get in 'trouble' for nothing.
i got the same problem with my 84 monte ss it has headers true dynomax super turbo dual exhaust with a flex fan that sounds like a airplane taking off and when i go through the town of mt. pleasant PA its pretty hilly so i put it in first to slow down and the rpms are like 3500 to 4000 and it sounds great echoing off the buildings hehehe people stop what there doing and look at me like i just ran over a child i think its funny.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:41 AM

Car: '91 Z28, '13 Civic EX-L
Engine: 355 LT1, 1.8 I4
Transmission: T56, 5spd auto
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.42(as long as no breaky)

Because loud equals annoying and inconsiderate and it belongs at the track. Just like annoying harley riders that gut their mufflers and rattle your bones when they drive by. I sympathize completley with the people giving you crap.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by BCdawg57
Because loud equals annoying and inconsiderate and it belongs at the track. Just like annoying harley riders that gut their mufflers and rattle your bones when they drive by. I sympathize completley with the people giving you crap.

Not so true with the Harley. Loud pipes on a bike can save your life.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by STRIKER911
Not so true with the Harley. Loud pipes on a bike can save your life.
My parents have always been against me gettin any bike because of the risk that you have from other drivers, but suprisingly they are letting me get one. Im not really into the whole Harley seen. I plan on getting a GSXR600 and doing what I can to get it noticeable, Id like live as long as I can.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:49 PM

Car: '91 Z28, '13 Civic EX-L
Engine: 355 LT1, 1.8 I4
Transmission: T56, 5spd auto
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.42(as long as no breaky)

to each his own. overly loud vehicles are just a huge pet peeve of mine.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:00 AM

Never had a harley but I own a goldwing and have had a lot of other bikes in the past. Best one being a Ninja zx-10. I cant count how many times I got pushed over. Heck ive even done it to bikers while I was in my car. U just cant see them.

Funny story. I spit on a biker once on the freeway. Didn't see him. I spit and a split second later cut him off. Didn't see the dude.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:04 AM

Car: 91 RS Vert, 87 SC T-Top
Engine: LO3, LG4
Transmission: 700r4's
Axle/Gears: 2.73, not sure yet

i started my car at a gas station. a lady flipped me off. i laughed and drove off
Old 12-28-2009, 11:33 AM

well this might just be one of the things kansans do but hell i dont get yelled at in fact the times when they should yell they shoot their thumb up or wave lol it's pretty sweet.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have yet to get any grief from my bird, even though it's exhaust is pretty trashed. When I can land some headers and a y pipe I'll be instaling my Craigslist catback score.

My Mazda on the other hand ran a whole year with no exhaust other than a set of headers and a y pipe (2.5L V6) it was definitely loud but even though I lived way out west in the burbs at the time I never once got a look that I caught or any atitude to my face.

Infact the only time any one ever complained about a car of mine making noise happened just a few weeks ago.

I was heading to the store in the Mazda ( with a decent catback on it btw) when that new skynard song came on. I cranked it up to about 2/3 volume and pulled into a spot and stayed in the car to listen to it.

Now my Mazda has a 100% stock sterio in it, I replaced the aftermarket head unit that was jacked 2 winters ago with a junkyard factory piece. So the thing it just not loud at all, I have been out side of the car with it closed up and at max volume with a very loud and bassy song playing and you can barely hear anything.

Well as I was pulling in an older woman that looked like some haggared 3rd world steriotype is getting into her car and mouths something to me and motions for me to turn the music down.

So ofcourse I crank it to 11 and listen to the last 2 minutes or so of the song.

The woman actualy sits there and waits for atleast 2 minutes in the freezing cold for me to get out of the car so she can screach some obcenities at me and tell me to "turn that garbage down".

Now you might not like southern rock the way I do, I get that. You might not like imports, or scruffy lower middle class working men but it's a whole 'nother level of self important idocy to sit in 7 degree and dropping weather for 2 minutes listening to the offensive material the entire time just to voice your objections to said material.

I made sure to catch the plate # before I went in also
Old 12-28-2009, 01:23 PM

Sonic is my highschools local hang out, the owner is a really laid back guy and doesnt really mind if we do burnouts as we leave, he actually does them in his mustang and his powerstroke to show off to us, as long as we arnt putting others in danger and as long as we arnt interfering with the car hops hearing switch board he doesnt mind. In my car I have two 12" subwoofers, I actually got in trouble for shakin the bread off of the bread racks inside. With the windows up you cant hear any of the vocals but you can feel the bass. People at stop lights will look and I just laugh and turn it up, not out of disrespect more cause I like showing off. I will turn it down if I see they are getting upset or if I see an older person. People automatically think that if a kid has loud exhaust or a loud stereo then he is a trouble maker. Its a stereotype that annoys the **** out me.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:24 AM

Car: 1978 Trans am
Engine: 6.6 400
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: Good question

people give me dirty looks probably cause i give them this face

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  55.9 KB

i guess if you look like me then we have solved this question
Old 01-04-2010, 01:32 AM

Car: Trans Am
Engine: V8 350 TPI
Transmission: Auto

If someone gave me ^^^^^ that look while driving I would be scared, thinking to myself why are people with mental disabilities driving?? Lol jk

but anyways I drove with my t-tops off the other day n everybody stared I even got a thumbs up =)
Old 01-04-2010, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by dealbatony
If someone gave me ^^^^^ that look while driving I would be scared, thinking to myself why are people with mental disabilities driving?? Lol jk

but anyways I drove with my t-tops off the other day n everybody stared I even got a thumbs up =)
idk about you but its friggin cold where im at but i always give thumbs to f-body's i love'm, but ya i loved riding around in my buddies 66impala blasting some chicky hippy hoppy garbage and acting all head bangerish, i swear to god i probably look like im mentally rere when im out and about.

on that note, I went to a movie last night and a 20ish something gal was staring at my septum peircing...i mean staring, so i mooo'd at her really loud and really mean like, then it was epic quiet...and she walked away super red in the face....
Old 01-04-2010, 01:46 AM

Car: Trans Am
Engine: V8 350 TPI
Transmission: Auto

Yeah whenever I see other f bodys I give them thumbs up..right Noe it's around 70-80 degrees during the so it's cool enough to ride around with t-tops off, and jam to some metallica and iron maiden funny cus everyone says I living in the wrong generation cus I listen to hard rock n metal n drive an f-body haha I'm like -_- haha..but anyways nights n mornings are cold as f... Well to me it is I hate cold weather but hot weather sucks too..which is why I hate arizona.. *wishes he was in cal again*

but anywho lmao at ur story hahaha
that girl mustve felt like a tard..
Alot of people I knw have piercings so I knw I wouldn't getstuck in her situation haha..
Old 01-04-2010, 07:02 PM

Car: 88 IROC Z
Engine: 305
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Bad looks are better than no looks at all.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by dynodave52
Bad looks are better than no looks at all.
I don't get looks when I drive by anyone =(
Old 01-04-2010, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by candle
I don't get looks when I drive by anyone =(
get your nose peirced then youll get looks 24/7 and old people will hate you with a burning passion.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:16 AM

does anybody get looks from the ladies? One time a passed up a few chicks when i was 17 in my ride. They waved me down as i passed them i pull over and picked them up. Ha what fun. to be continued..

Quick Reply: Why do people always give me bad looks when I go by?