Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

3rdgen vs 600whp Integra,plus modded M1

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 07:33 AM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1987 TransAm Ttop
Engine: 2005 LQ4
Transmission: Ls1 T56
Axle/Gears: 3:42
3rdgen vs 600whp Integra,plus modded M1

Posted the video a few days ago but forgot to create the thread with the story. I was out Friday night doing some logging on the car trying to chase down issues Im having on the setup,mainly with coolant temps when I beat on the car creeps up to 230-240* on the street with back to back 3rd/4th gear pulls and cools right back down to 190-200* cruising.If it sits overnight and check the coolant level..the uuper rad hose would suck itself shut and not pull extra coolant from the overflow tank.I stopped to get a coffee at a local car meet spot.As I was coming out the drivethrough I was greeted by the modded Bmw m1 guy I met 2 weeks ago that i ran from a dig and nearly lost underestimating his car from a glance. He tells me he has a guy that wants to run from a roll that would be a good match for me since he knows Im not setup for dig races.I wasnt really in the mood but I said id go check out the car. I pull up and see this super clean red 98 or so teggy with a jdm frontend conversion..boosted k series motor and massive front intercooler.had decent tire on the front..well built clean car.We chopped it up for a few and he wasnt talking big like he was the fastest thing on earth..which made me decide to run. He told me upfront he wants to do 3rd gear roll till maybe 5th if we are close..or if anyone has a clear win..just shut it down and get off the hwy and come back.He mentioned he was making good power and has taken down quite a few quick muscle cars..had heard I was fast and wanted to see where he stacks up,he was having clutch/trans issues so his shifting will be slow.I told him im also not 100%...my car makes a good first hit when its cool,after that..each run from there is only increasinh his chance to blow my doors off since Ill be essentially heat soaked.

We head out and the chase car was the bmw dude taking videos from his phone.I got 2 cameras inside the car...1 facing me on the windshield and the other mounted center of the rollcage.Sadly its pretty dark for gopros to show much and I couldnt adjust properly while driving.Anyways..we did 4 runs..3 of which were clean.he won 2..and I won 2. First 2 i had clear gappage on him..I will admit..his car does hang damn well when he comes up on boost..its louder than my own car.The 2 runs..he walked me by about half a car. The last run my charge pipe blew off..I had been worried it would from the first race because as I started hitting boost..my controller was flashing overboost vs my intake boost gauge showing half the actual amount..she was leaking and only getting worse. After the runs we were side by side on the exit ramp and sure enough..cop pulls up right up my ***.We **** our pants and gingerly coasted through the lights anticipating to be yanked,he gets inbetween us and asks if we are having a safe night driving the legal speed limits,we said yes,then he mentions..I only ask because these 2 nice looking and sounding machines wouldnt possibly fit a description going the opposite direction moments ago at high rates of speed making alot of noise.I said no sir but there are alot of nice looking red and many other color cars out on this beautiful cool night.I just got lucky to exit the hwy and recognize a friend and started to chat.He let us be.

After that we made it back to the meet.Laughed a lil..agreed that we need to rematch when we are both 100%.I want to turn up the boost full tilt and see what i can do against him,he told me on the 3rd and 4th run he gave it a lil more hitting about 33lbs of boost.He then got called out by other cars as did I but I was done with the charge pipe off i was going to cruise home a few mins away.He proceeded to run a modded m4 and sent me videos of how bad he blew doors off that later that night.Told me Ive been his best competition since he got the car going a few weeks ago.
Check out the video here

And here is how I met the modded m1 guy that nearly took me from a dig.I slept on him lol

Here are the other clips taken inside the integra

Old 09-18-2019, 03:57 PM
Supreme Member

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Car: 67 ******mobile
Engine: 385 Solid roller
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 4.11
Re: 3rdgen vs 600whp Integra,plus modded M1

Is your radiator cap bad, have you done a leakdown of your coolant system?
Old 09-19-2019, 01:26 AM
Supreme Member

Received 511 Likes on 428 Posts
Car: 84 TA orig. 305 LG4 "H" E4ME
Engine: 334 SBC - stroked 305 M4ME Q-Jet
Transmission: upgraded 700R4 3200 stall
Axle/Gears: 10bolt 4.10 Posi w Lakewood TA Bars

Cool videos, but to me, anything less than an 8 cylinder exhaust note just sounds stupid.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:29 AM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1987 TransAm Ttop
Engine: 2005 LQ4
Transmission: Ls1 T56
Axle/Gears: 3:42

Yes my rad cap works fine and is new. My temps have gotten much better after re-wrapping my exhaust and the underhood temps came down.

Some engines just never sound good when they are modded.Its all a matter of preference lol.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:54 PM
Supreme Member

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Car: 67 ******mobile
Engine: 385 Solid roller
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 4.11

the need for a 3rd gear roll Id have laughed and told him to learn to drive his car, races are from digs
Hope you find the problem