TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Intake

Old 09-26-2000, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Intake

I am thinking about buying a K&N filter that attatches to the front of my throttle body,305TPI. Is it worth the change and what differences did you feel? Right now i am running a K&N in the stock location.

Thankx,,,,,for any input..

------------------
92 Formula,305HO,Factory Oil cooler,Hyper-Tech Chip,Hyper-Tech Coil kit,Dual-Core Split-Fire wire set,Hyper-Tech Airfoil,Accel Fuel pressure guage mounted on fuel rail,Crane Adj Fuel Pressure Reg,March Performance Pulley set,Four Wheel Disc Brakes,WS6 Package,Dual Convertor Exhaust,3.42 Gear/w POSI,5Speed Borg Warner Tranny,Center-Force2 Clutch Set-Up,K&N Filter.
Old 09-26-2000, 11:28 AM

Car: 92 Z28 convertible
Engine: Miniram 383
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 4.10 stk 10 bolt
If you put that filter on your TB you will be sucking in hot engine bay air and may lose some power. Keep your stock set-up for now and gut out the lower air box, maybe even do the ram air mod.

------------------
Convertible, L98, Edelbrock intake, runners & TES, SLP cam, Thin Head gaskets, March underdrive pulleys, Fastchips custom chip, Accel 300+ ignition, Relocated MAT sensor, TPIS airfoil & AFPR, K&N airfilters W/ chopped airboxs, Dynomax high flo cat, Flowmaster exhaust, MAC subframe connectors, B&M shift kit & XMSN cooler and NOS!!
Old 09-26-2000, 12:08 PM

Originally posted by Randy92Z:
If you put that filter on your TB you will be sucking in hot engine bay air and may lose some power. Keep your stock set-up for now and gut out the lower air box, maybe even do the ram air mod.

That's what i thought also, did you cut a large suqare hole in the canister. I did drill three holes in the bottom but they probably could be larger. Problem was that my drill wouldn't hold that large of a bit. After drilling i found a filter normally used for a air cleaner that fit perfectly around the bottom. Looking forward to hearing from you.

------------------
92 Formula,305HO,Factory Oil cooler,Hyper-Tech Chip,Hyper-Tech Coil kit,Dual-Core Split-Fire wire set,Hyper-Tech Airfoil,Accel Fuel pressure guage mounted on fuel rail,Crane Adj Fuel Pressure Reg,March Performance Pulley set,Four Wheel Disc Brakes,WS6 Package,Dual Convertor Exhaust,3.42 Gear/w POSI,5Speed Borg Warner Tranny,Center-Force2 Clutch Set-Up,K&N Filter.