TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Quick general questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2000, 03:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Quick general questions

My first question is... Can I upgrade my distributor in my 350 TPI? I can't seem to get a straight answer on weather or not that will screw up the ECM. (I am specificly thinking about a Mallory Uni-lite.)
#2. Will headers fit into my engine bay (easily)? I am looking to redo the entire system to true duel, so I don't want to the ones that are all bent to follow the origional lines, rather the more "standard" design. (I am specificly thinking about the Tri-Ys from flow-tech running to Flowmaster delta series.)
Afterthought: If anyone knows anything about the products I mentioned, wether you have heard good or bad things about them, I would be happy to get any advice on them. I had the Uni-lite on my old '68 RS 327 and really enjoyed it.

Ps. I guess these questions weren't as quick as I thought they would be.

~89 Iroc-Z 350TPI, mostly stock ex/ K&Ns.~
Old 10-03-2000, 08:35 AM
Bill91Z

A new distr. (as long as it will work for the application) will not mess with the ECM. Why even upgrade, stock Distributors are fine. Really want more spark, add a coil and an MSD box or some other type of ignition. Headers will fit. Not familiar with the flotechs, but if they make one for thirdgens, they will fit. Have you thought about long tubes?
Forget the true dual, waste of money and time. Single 3" will be fine, and if you want bigger, single 4" will outflow almost any true dual exhaust, especially ones you could fit under a thirdgen. Look for TRAXION on this board, he is doing long tubes and Guido is too. They could help you with that set up.

------------------
-Bill
-=ICON Motorsports=-
Boston Chapter
91Z28, (in progress) 3.8L, TE63-1 turbo, MSD50lb injectors, Hemco upper, ported TTA heads, 62MM TB, Red's XP fuel pump, 3.73s, vigilante (stall to be determined)

[This message has been edited by Bill91Z (edited October 03, 2000).]