TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me with my fuel?/pump? /regulator problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2001, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help me with my fuel?/pump? /regulator problems

fired up the hotrod today for the first time. couple problems i am having. i think it is computer related but maybe fuel. i turn the key on, fuel pump primes to about 30 psi. start the car, it runs and pressure goes up to about 40 psi. then fuel pressure drops off to 0 and car dies when its at about 8 psi. am i missing a wire somewhere that is making the fuel pump shut off? or am i sucking air or something? it will run till i loose fuel pressure thats it. if i prime fuel pump by turning key on it gets up to about 30 and falls stedily down when the fuel pump shuts off. can anyone help me?
posted that on dfi forum too.

oil leak from rear of intake
would that be caused by too high of an oil pressure. unfortunatly i have a high pressure spring in my pump (140-150 psi) so i pinned my gauge and found an oil leak.

on fuel problem...i have small amout of fuel sitting at rear pass side of intake. think its coming from press regulator. and lastlyi connected my fuel pump directly to 12v and let it run and run...it never built up pressure, why? YES i do have fuel in the tank i will flow test it tomorrow but would like to actually get it running even with the oil leak so i can tune the dfi setup. can anyone help me?

sounds mean as hell with the long tubes running directly into a small turndown behing the front wheel think i am going to get it going and drive it a bit like that so i can give those poor people in new york time to clean up before i go through there with my car to the mufflex shop to get a custom Y pipe made.

------------------
87 z28 bowtie aluminum 420small block dry sump crower lt. wt. knife edged crank oliver lt wt rods brodix track 1's super ram intake hooker long tube headers mufflex 4"exhaust accel dfi art carr 700 r4 3.42 gears ssm sub frame/ladder bars.....other parts on the way ,soon to be finished!! couple more weeks!!!

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/gdm
Old 09-12-2001, 06:13 PM

You have a fuel pump problem. Check the lines, run some in a bottle for flow, and check the wiring again.
Old 09-12-2001, 10:38 PM

ok heres the deal, i pulled my super ram off (what a bitçh) and looked. i think the oil is coming from the sender hole in the block. im gonna try to tighten it up and prime up the pump and see if i see a leak anywhere, too much oil on the bellhousing to pinpoint a leak now. for the fuel railpressure....i pulled it off pinched the return line shut and wired pump direct to 12v in fuse panel...BIG MISTAKE pinned the fuel gauge spit gas out of everywhere around the regulator/hard lines and blew the fuse. so i unclamped the return line, and tried it again, pressure stayed steady at 30 psi, i increased it to 40 it was still steady went to 50 still lookin good, cranked regulator up somemore bottomed out and pinned the gauge, so i quickly went back down. but it is steady where as before it was going from 15-25-10-30-20. now it is steady.

should the fuel rail hold psi after pump is off? mine drops right down to zero.

------------------
87 z28 bowtie aluminum 420small block dry sump crower lt. wt. knife edged crank oliver lt wt rods brodix track 1's super ram intake hooker long tube headers mufflex 4"exhaust accel dfi art carr 700 r4 3.42 gears ssm sub frame/ladder bars.....other parts on the way ,soon to be finished!! couple more weeks!!!

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/gdm