TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2001, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do?

It is a thrill to be apart of a F-body. I just bought a 89 formula with the L98 about a week ago and love it. It has 84k on it but the guy had all receipts for it and kept great care of it. And i paid 4k for it was it a good deal the inside is brand new and the outside has no rust or chips and a good shine.

My question is however what mods should i go with now and then later down the line for it. I dont know much about F-bodies since my real passion is TR's but im only 17 and TR's are getting pretty expensive and the TTA is way up there. As i drive the formula though i just get a excitement like no other and love it to death!

Sorry for the long post
Old 11-03-2001, 11:25 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would start off with the simple, get a K&N, gut the air box, do a search for the FREE mods, throttle body bypass, gutting MAF ends (be sure to research MANY post about this as there is much debates about it), porting intake, gutting cat or high flow cat, cat back exhaust, new headers. Then things start getting expensive, new cam, new intake runners, new chip, new intake, (supper ram, mini ram etc.) the list goes on. have fun with ur formula, your very lucky to have it, one of the fastest third gens with the exception of the Turbo Trans AM. (i say this because most formulas were really light, alot lighter then my GTA anyways.

------------------
- David
88' GTA 5.7L TPI MODS---> air foil, K&N, Shift Kit, 180* therm, TB bypass, Gutted CAT, Flowmaster 80 Series

http://www.geocities.com/david_angel_16