TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wont start got a few questions

Old 08-11-2008, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 85 z
Engine: 5.0 tpi
Transmission: 700r4
Car wont start got a few questions

Oh I have a 85 iroc. When I got it I wasnt sure what was wrong with it it wouldnt run. So i sprayed starting fluid in the throttle body ran for a few seconds than shut off. Ok so I then listened for the fuel pump nothing. I replaced the fuel pump it comes on whines all that. But still wont run. I replaced the fuel filter nothing. I replaced the fuel relay by the brake booster nothing. I took the gas line apart, turn car on gas sprays eveywhere... I pushed the valve down in the fuel rail fuel sprayed everywhere. I took my plugs out one at a time, they look to be fouled but they still spark good. Can I install a fuel pressure guage to tell me if I am getting enough pressure. The valve sprays a good stream when pressed and if so where at. Should I replace my plugs? They looked wet like they had gas on them maybe. I am stumped because its fireing and getting fuel to the rails but wont run. I also cleaned and drained the gas tank. Ran the pump and the gas coming out is almost clear not brown. Could my injectors be bad if so how do I check. And my fuel guage doesnt work. How can I install an aftermarket one. Some help with the starting problem would be greatly appreaciated. My engine is a 5.0 tpi thanks Jared

Last edited by gavin07; 08-11-2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: mispelled words