TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bosh lll fuel injectors/Install & Info

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Bosh lll fuel injectors/Install & Info

At the request of one of our members i am posting this information on the Bosch Design lll Fuel Injectors. Hope it is helpful.

After selling these injectors to Corvette, Camaro, Firebird owners with the TPi setup for quite some time, we have found that the following statements are the most common issues that we come across:

1) "These injectors look completely different than my stock injectors....are they the wrong ones?"

2) "I do no think that you sent the right injectors....I ordered the bosch lll's and these injectors are stamped Ford".

3) "These injectors look shorter than my injectors"

4) "My old injectors have a clip, where do the clips go on the bosch lll's? How will they be held in place?"

5) "I installed the injectors and they are leaking from the top!"

-Yes, the bosch lll's look different than the stock injectors because they are a newer design and upgrade over the older multecs.

-Most of the bosch lll injectors are stamped "Ford" because Bosch makes Ford, Chrysler, etc injectors.

-Yes, the bosch lll's are 1/8th to 1/4 in shorter than the stock injectors, that is why we designed an adapter that fits onto the bottom of the injector. They are the same length oring to oring and will be a direct fit.

-You do not use clips for the bosch lll's because the pressure from the fuel rail is what holds them in place......again a newer style injector.

-MOST IMPORTANTLY!!
-The injectors will more likely leak from the top if not installed properly. They need to be installed into the intake manifold first and then the fuel rail. This method of installation will be helpful to the people who are not familiar with these injectors.

Hope this was helpful. Any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us!

Last edited by southbay08; 07-13-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 iroc
Engine: l98
Transmission: tremec
Re: Bosh lll fuel injectors/Install & Info

Originally Posted by southbay08
At the request of one of our members i am posting this information on the Bosch Design lll Fuel Injectors. Hope it is helpful.

After selling these injectors to Corvette, Camaro, Firebird owners with the TPi setup for quite some time, we have found that the following statements are the most common issues that we come across:

1) "These injectors look completely different than my stock injectors....are they the wrong ones?"

2) "I do no think that you sent the right injectors....I ordered the bosch lll's and these injectors are stamped Ford".

3) "These injectors look shorter than my injectors"

4) "My old injectors have a clip, where do the clips go on the bosch lll's? How will they be held in place?"

5) "I installed the injectors and they are leaking from the top!"

-Yes, the bosch lll's look different than the stock injectors because they are a newer design and upgrade over the older multecs.

-Most of the bosch lll injectors are stamped "Ford" because Bosch makes Ford, Chrysler, etc injectors.

-Yes, the bosch lll's are 1/8th to 1/4 in shorter than the stock injectors, that is why we designed an adapter that fits onto the bottom of the injector. They are the same length oring to oring and will be a direct fit.

-You do not use clips for the bosch lll's because the pressure from the fuel rail is what holds them in place......again a newer style injector.

-MOST IMPORTANTLY!!
-The injectors will more likely leak from the top if not installed properly. They need to be installed into the intake manifold first and then the fuel rail. This method of installation will be helpful to the people who are not familiar with these injectors.

Hope this was helpful. Any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us!
good info but let me elaborate, I have installed in excess of 50 of these sets and have it down pat. The installed height is the key, not what the look like on the bench, any injector will leak at the rail if not installed properly. Most put the injector in the rail and then pull down to seat in the manifold. By doing this the o ring actually concaves in the rail causing the ID of the o ring to be pulled. This makes the leak from the ID not the OD as many think. The o ring must stay 100% perpendicular to the top of the injector. Lubricating is very important here. Then the o ring won't bite the rail and concave or roll out. By putting them in the manifold first and setting the rail down keeps the o ring in that square position. But, an experienced mechanic can do it anyway they feel comfortable. The clips have no value whatsoever except hold the assembly together as they came assembled from the manufacturer of the injector that way. What holds them in place is the linear pressure downward, however, the fuel rail design itself will not let the injector slip out. I have seen bosch 3's that have the AUDI logo. That does not make it a foreign injector. Bosch makes them for a whole lot of car makers. As long as they were made by Bosch they are Bosch. I don't believe Ford ever made an injector.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

thanks for the additional info...i believe this just about sums it up.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:25 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 86 Trans Am, 88 Formula
Engine: 95LT4, 305TPI
Transmission: T56, T5

sweet.
I may be ordering a set for my car soon.