TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tpi help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tpi help please

Ok here is what i have. I have a 93 chevy extended cab 1500 phantom duelly.i bought the truck as is.it has a 90-92 350 tpi engine with stand alone computer and harness to run the engine.the truck ran but skipped when i bought it. So i did a code scan and got code 15 and 22. So i replaced the tps and the cts according to the codes.i did a voltmeter check on the tps it was reading 33.6 volts at idle wich is way off the charts.it was flooding out bad had no power would only crank if you sprayed starting fluid in throttle body then would run and idle but really bad.so i determined ecm was bad. So i bought a new ecm by the number on the old one its a 1227730 wich if im not mistaking carrys vats peramiters in it.now the tps is reading correctly at .045 at idle. But now i have no fire from dist. Nor do the injectors pulse. If the dist does not fire then it doesnt send signal to ecm to fire or groud injectors to close loop to start engine..i have ohmed all injectors and all but 1 ohms out at 16.4. 1 ohms out at 12.6. Tps is correct and adjusted.iac was removed and cleaned as well as throttle body passages.all ohms out or has propper volts to them.injectors will lite a test light when key in on position but reads 0 volts on volt meter.coil is hot when key turned on but no fire to dist.coil wire doesnt fire nor do plug wires.so if the truck ran when i bought it and i replaced ecm and reinstalled original prom in new ecm what is goin wrong here.have been working on this problem for 2 months.i could really use some expert help.either how to bypass vats system if that is the problem or figure out where i lost fire to dist and injectors.i have read all the posts on here and several other sites and have tried them all to no avail.