TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bosch Ford EV1 F4SE-B1A Injectors for L98 with TPIS

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 Camaro Iroc Z
Engine: 5.7L Corvette L98
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 Open
Bosch Ford EV1 F4SE-B1A Injectors for L98 with TPIS

Hello,

As the title reads I'm working on what started as an L98 and now has a bunch of upgrades including ported heads, cam, and TPIS miniram, full length exhaust (all the bolt ons). Got the car dialed in very nicely on a set of what were supposed to be 22lb injectors (turned out to be 19s) using moates, $8D, and Tunerpro RT. I knew I was going to come up short on fuel, and sure enough we can cruise it but no WOT fun. Before I spring for a set of brand new injectors, I have a fairly new set of Ford Bosch EV1 F4SE-B1A Blue Top Injectors sitting on the shelf from a project years ago that never were used. Of course they are so old I can't really find much in the way of information online. I'm not a big fan of ford injectors in a Chevy although I have read all the threads on here with positive results and I figure I might give it a try.

The only thing I know about these is they are EV1's which do work on GM, they might be 38lb/hr ?

Could any of you give me an indication as to if they would work well with my combination or if they would be a b**ch to tune? Also, is there any available information on these? Besides Scaling them what other tables should I focus on. Does the latency need to be changed for example?

Sorry for all the questions, this TPIS system is a PITA to put together (leaks if not installed correctly) and I am not looking forward to doing this again... nevermind a third time.

Dan
Old 03-13-2017, 03:57 PM

Received 215 Likes on 201 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
Re: Bosch Ford EV1 F4SE-B1A Injectors for L98 with TPIS

If they are Bosch there should be a Bosch part number on them. Such as 280150xxx, usually molded into the plastic top.

Are they a dark blue or a light blue top? IIRC, light blue tops are 24 #/hr.

RBob.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts

Google says F4SE-B1A is a 36lb injector.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 Camaro Iroc Z
Engine: 5.7L Corvette L98
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 Open

I'm going to skip the Fords... after speaking with a friend the other day about this predicament, I just acquired a nice, basically new set of LS6 injectors for the fantastic price of Free.

Ill save these for later on. I think the ls6's are rated at 24 for 43.5 psi?

DG