TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove Fuel injector/rail ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to remove Fuel injector/rail ?

Bought some new injectors and going to replace the old this weekend.

Do I need to do anything before-hand like de-pressurize the fuel lines? ...Or can I just start taking it apart?

Is there anyway to remove the rail without removing the plenum or just the runners? or is this a must?
Old 04-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Supreme Member

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Car: '87 IROC
Engine: LB9
Transmission: TH700R4
Re: How to remove Fuel injector/rail ?

Originally Posted by truckguy
Bought some new injectors and going to replace the old this weekend.

Do I need to do anything before-hand like de-pressurize the fuel lines? ...Or can I just start taking it apart?

Is there anyway to remove the rail without removing the plenum or just the runners? or is this a must?
I usually don't bother relieving pressure because usually the car has been sitting long enough for the pressure to have relieved itself (that didn't sound right). I do keep something on hand to cap the pressure and return lines because they have a tendency to dribble. Be prepared for drainage from the rail as well.

I've never tried to remove the rail with the plenum and runners in place. I don't think it's possible, there's not enough room to lift the rail enough for the injectors to clear. I don't like to struggle; it's worth the extra time to do it by the book and remove the plenum and runners.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: How to remove Fuel injector/rail ?

Originally Posted by paulo57509

I've never tried to remove the rail with the plenum and runners in place. I don't think it's possible, there's not enough room to lift the rail enough for the injectors to clear. I don't like to struggle; it's worth the extra time to do it by the book and remove the plenum and runners.
Too bad.. well if it needs to be done then so be it. Thanks for you info