Problems after another... - Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems after another...

Old 04-20-2017, 02:02 PM   #1

Problems after another...

I just got engine back together, I port matched heads, changed cam, timing chain, Baseplate and runners. I fired it up few days ago and It didn't run very well...

First there was intake leak which caused backfiring through intake, fixed that. Then I got the engine running by timing way far advanced and idle screw to bottom (TPS and IAC tune ofc) After that I decided no matter what to run in the new cam.

I was just ready to crank it up, then car decided to blow fuel pump fuse few times. New fuel pump relay fixed that. Then spark lost...

Today I tested Coil and pick up Coil and found out that pick up coil wire was snapped. I'd make new wire and put new ICM. Then I was going to start the engine but doesn't crank... No fault codes, all fuses OK, I can hear the fuel pump and all in engine bay looks normal.

I've read threads, tech sites.. Now I'm running out of ideas..
F-Jape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:20 PM   #2

Re: Problems after another...

You mean does not turn over, or turns over but does not fire? if it doesnt crank can you hear the starter "click". Start simple, then go from there....

Charged battery, cables tight. Connections at starter clean and tight. With someone holding the key in the crank position, do you have power on the small solenoid wire? If so, try tappin on the main starter body (not solenoid on top) a few times with a hammer or cycle the key quickly from crank to acc. If the starter starts to crank with either the hammer or key bump trick then you have a dead spot in the starter.....replace or rebuild
Croz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #3

Nah, nothing from starter.

I had similar problem about 2 years ago, but then guilty was VATS. If I remember correct, VATS issues will light up Security light?
F-Jape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:08 AM   #4

I didnt know the year of the car you were working on so I kept it simple first. If it is a Vats issue there should be a light, but not 100% sure, mine is pre-vats.
Croz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:01 PM   #5
Sponsor

Have you tried to jumper the starter enable relay ? Check your connections. The starter lead maybe loose on the starter
Tuned Performance is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Third Generation F-Body Message Boards >