TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tpi lb9 no spark

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tpi lb9 no spark

Hey everyone i have a tpi 305 from an 87 gta in my 89 camaro i went to start it this morning and it wont start..i have 42 psi fuel pressure and injector pulse. I have power to coil and pulse from icm but no spark from coil i have tryed a known good coil with no luck and checked all grounds, fuses and as much of the wiring as i can without getting too invasive and ripping into the harness the distributor is about two months old and spins and has all newer tune up parts on it..im wondering if the spark control module could be the problem but have not ran into one that caused a no spark condition..any ideals of what i am overlooking here?? Thanks in advance for all replies
Old 06-16-2017, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tpi lb9 no spark

Fixed it...turned out that the prong in the connector for the coil had broke off i had power on the outside of the connector but it wasnt getting to the coil..some heat shrink a new connector and two soldered wires and its back to teeing off mustangs haha