TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone look at files from Performance Resources chip? 89 GTA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Supreme Member

Location: *member since 1999, I think - just can't remember my old name, and the big site crash...*
Received 151 Likes on 105 Posts
Car: 89 GTA ASC Conv., Prev: 89 GTA 6.3L
Engine: 5.7L L98 TPI
Transmission: 700r4 Automatic
Axle/Gears: 3.27:1 w/ JG1 Options:B2L, N10, U1A
Anyone look at files from Performance Resources chip? 89 GTA?

Years ago, seemed to work well. I used the Performance Resource chip all the way to 13.1 on my 5.7L 89 GTA. Never compared file to see what was changed against stock.

Anyone ever look?

More curious than anything. Tia.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 GTA
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt 3.23
Re: Anyone look at files from Performance Resources chip? 89 GTA?

I have an 85 305 TA with the FTN chip. I have been comparing it to a Performance Resource chip I had been running for about 18 years. The PR chip makes changes to several of the tables such as PE Spark vs. AFR, %Change Fuel/Air Ratio @ WOT vs. RPM, Coolant Compensation Spark vs. Load, Idle RPM vs. Temp, Crank Fuel Pulse Width vs. %TPS, Crank Fuel Pulse Width vs. Coolant Temp, Accel. Enrich Delta LV vs. Coolant Temp, Spark Advance vs. RPM vs. Load and the one that has me a little confused is the Injector Pulse Width vs. Load Value. It appears to have the same values as if it was using 22lbs/hr injectors. I also have a Hyper Tech chip for an 85 Corvette and the Injector Pulse Width vs Load Value are identical. To me this would lean it out too much even though it looks as if they are adding fuel in some of the other tables. It also has the standard higher MPH to lock the TC and turn on the fans at a lower temp.