Transmissions and Drivetrain Need help with your trans? Problems with your axle?

Why dont my tires spin?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 04 GTO
Engine: LS1
Transmission: M12 T56
Thats great your car can spin wheels 91, but posting 3 non-tech attachments has landed you on probation.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man Ed. I realize that stuff needs to stay on topic and that you are here to enforce it, but the thread was related to the pics somewhat at least. Also the reason we all come here is to to talk about cars. If this is about server space you could just warn him not to be posting un necessary pictures couldnt you.

I know that there has been quite a bit of off topic posts and that they need controlled, but I dont think that something that small should have penalty. We should all be here to enjoy ourselves and cars.

Ben
Old 03-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 04 GTO
Engine: LS1
Transmission: M12 T56
Check the dates on the post. He resurrected a 3 month old post strictly to show pictures of his car. It's a stupid waste of resources and shows no tact or thought on his part.

The capacity to add attachments to our posts is a very special priviledge and a VERY nice feature to have here. We cannot let people abuse it by wasting the resources on stupid pictures. I would hate for us to lose the ability to add useful pics to posts because of tools like this who can't resist the urge to waste resources.

And really, it's a small punishment anyway. Being on probation simply means he won't be able to add attachments to posts for a while. I didn't say i wanted him banned. I just want to lesson driven home that attachments should not be used simply to add fluff. 3 pics of a car spinning wheels does not add anything of technical merit to the post, nor was it even a current topic. If it was just one pic, maybe i would have just moved on, but 3 is just tasteless.

BTW, unfortunately, as a mod, all i can do is ban, i can't access all of the member status features. I expect the admins will concur with my judgement however.