Transmissions and Drivetrain Need help with your trans? Problems with your axle?

T5 swap parts list

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 08:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1988 Firebird
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700r4
T5 swap parts list

I have been searching everywhere for a complete parts list to swap a 700r4 for a T5 transmission. I got a used T5 from a friend and the day I picked it up my automatic transmission started slipping, it only slips when I step on the gas hard other than that it is still fine . So currently all I have is the T5 transmission I know I need the pedals and slave cylinder. What all do I need to buy to make this swap complete. And also is there a way to check a used T5 without opening it up to make sure it is still good? I don't want to rebuild the T5 but I will just clean it up and are there any seals or gaskets that I should replace because the transmission has been sitting in a shed for years. The T5 was removed from a 88 Camaro 305 and my car is a 88 Firebird 305 .
Old 04-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Supreme Member

Received 189 Likes on 149 Posts
Car: 1984 Trans Am L69
Engine: Sniper EFI Powered 355
Transmission: WC T5 w/ Steel Support Plate
Axle/Gears: 3.42 10 Bolt Posi
Re: T5 swap parts list

Bell housing
Clutch fork
Pedals
Master and Slave cylinder
Shifter
Flywheel
clutch
throwout bearing
pilot bushing
Speedometer gears and vss
Most of this stuff you can get on rock auto.

The only thing you can inspect the input and output shaft play without taking apart the case. The easiest thing to do it pull the tail shaft and cover and look at the gears and syncros.