Transmissions and Drivetrain Need help with your trans? Problems with your axle?

clicking noise between 2200 - 3000 RPM

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clicking noise between 2200 - 3000 RPM

Hello all,

could not find anything that matches my problem. check my signature for vehicle info.

about 2 weeks ago, I changed my oil and mechanical fuel pump, this is because I had gas in the oil and very hard to start. works better now.

a week later, I started to hear the sound of flapping plastic under the car, does this in all gears between 2200 and 3000 RPM only. when I depress the clutch, it stops about a second later since the RPM drops, but the sound does not do it while sitting in the driveway.

I raised the rear end of the car tonight and convinced my wife to put in first gear, let go of the clutch and rev it up until she hears the noise while I was under the car. It almost sounds like its coming from the tranny or bottom of the engine.

anyone have any ideas what it can be? what I can keep looking for tomorow after I raise the front end to look further?
Old 07-29-2017, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: clicking noise between 2200 - 3000 RPM

by the way, trany has new oil, clutch was changed with new everything last August. and car has 155 000 KM.