V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

Heeheheh sticker question

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2000, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heeheheh sticker question

Ok not that i am wanting to get flammed or anything heres a question followed by a breif history. I am 31, i did the highschool thing when nova's, Z28s T/A's, chevelles ect ect were plentiful and cheap. So we would all go out and open the catalogs and try the new products trying to make more horsepower, alot of the packages were not out yet so it was always trial and error. Anyways i built a 78 T/A and ended up with a box full of manufacture stickers, some went on the rear window like NOS, Holly, ect ect... Now in my day that was the thing to do. Looking back its silly to advertise what ya have to a potental competitor or theif but, it was the day. So the question, comes, why do we blast the "ricers" for putting stickers on their cars? i mean sure if ya don't have the part then its silly, but still?. I have a friend with a eclipes, its dropped, artic white and looks DAMN good, he has like 2 stickers on it, one in a the alarm warning the other is a power adder he put in. Granted it looks better then a tri color but then again why don't we blast a 69 nova thats primered 2 tone or a 75 camaro thats 4 colors? Just curious for answers NOT a flame...

ding

Ding....

------------------
David
91 Firebird

3.1L MPFI
Dynomax exhaust, cold air, 8mm wires, splitfires, shift kit, B&M Shifter.

On the table waiting to go in:

Ported/polished iron heads, 1.6:1 rockers, Lightly ported/Gasket matched Intake. Ported/Polished TB, Compucam 2030, 5" tach, duel pod w/oil temp, tranny temp gauges. Hood pod w/Fuel pressure, NOS pressure.

Coming Soon:
FastChip, 275 rears, 235 fronts, Ram air hood, suspension mods.
Old 10-24-2000, 08:29 AM

I give 'em hell just because most of them don't even know what the stickers are for, much less have the part. It's like sticker = HP or something in their ***** little minds. As for the painting, a whacked out job on a classic muscle car and on a sub-compact import are two completely different things, you know? One has bragging rights, the other was made for broke college students.

Personally, I kinda dig the sticker thing, but no need to brag. I keep all mine uder the hood, except my alarm stickers, which it's just smart to post them on your window right above the locks.

-Reno

PS: Anyone know where I can get an Accel sticker? For the money I sink in their products, I want a damn sticker!!!!
Old 10-24-2000, 09:36 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1986 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4
I agree with Reno. David, I also remember those days, in fact, I was going to throw all my parts manufacturer stickers on the side of my Firebird's rear window. Then I looked around... not only is that style gone, but it's one hell of a cop magnet. I sure as heck couldn't get out of a ticket if I was pulled over for speeding!

The important thing is that you, your friends, and I all -have- the parts that the stickers are from! A lot of these rice boys don't have the parts... like PIAA stickers when there's no foglights, or they advertise stickers for stupid parts... like a K&N air filter.

Plus they put the stickers in stupid spots, like across the fender/hood, or on the doors, etc. A back window was classy.

------------------
-Tom P (Hot rodded 1986 Firebird 2.8l) from http://www.f-body.net/mailbag/3rd/3rd_mailbag.html message boards
Old 10-24-2000, 11:37 AM

Tom and Reno couldn't have said it better. My school has been hit hard with the ***** craze thing. It is embarrassing. The thing with the stickers is that the people either:
1. Don't have the component or brand of part that they are advertising, or,
2. Have no idea what the sticker is, just thinks it is cool, or,
3. They actually do have that brand, but it is the lowest quality the company makes, or,
4. They just want to get noticed and thought of as cool people with a stickered up car
That is what is going on here, is it the same everywhere?
Vman

------------------
1989 Camaro RS
2.8 V6
K&N's
700R4 tranny
Cragar Street Pro rims (old Series 30)
Pioneer DEH-P3000

1969 Camaro SC
350 HO from a Vette
Turbo 350 tranny
In the process of being restored
Old 10-24-2000, 12:51 PM
2011 Norwood Gathering
ThirdGen Firebird Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 99 WS6 / 00 SS / 11 CTS-V / 13 300
Engine: LS1 / LS1 / LSA / 5.7 Hemi
Transmission: 4L60E / T-56 / 6L80E / W5A80
Axle/Gears: 3.23 / 3.42 Auburn / 3.23 / 2.62
What can I say guys that you haven't already....I agree 100%, and around here the same crap goes on.

It's too bad that people feel the need to pimp out Mommie and Daddie's 4 door family ride and think its cool. I mean, when was it decided a Civic should be a sports car????

I had a couple stickers on my back window, but small ones...K&N and Hypertech. I just threw them on for the hell of it...cause I had the stickers lying around. I didn't go and buy them!!. But the car looks so much cleaner without them.

And like Tom said, cops don't like stickers I had one cop pull me over for 45 in a 30, I told him I had a clean record, and you know what he said?? "Any guy that has performance parts stickers on his car CAN'T have a clean record." Well, I made him eat his words when he scanned my license, and he was so apologetic he let me go without even a warning!!

Hey Reno, I have an Accel sticker left over from my 8.8 wires. Ya want it? Its friggen huge!! I only have one...the other I stuck on the back winddow of my mom's '01 Grand Prix the night she brought it home (as a prank.) She did NOT appreciate that

But yeah, stickers aren't the style anymore, just like rear-window louvers...clean is what's in.

------------------
Jason E
'89 Camaro RS 2.8
Hypertech chip/K&N filters/Accel 8.8 wires/RapidFires
Eclipse CD and 100x4 amp/Boston plates and 6x9s
Alpine Alarm w/ Keyless entry
IROC tailights/tinted windows
Old 10-24-2000, 01:20 PM
Supreme Member

Jason, I shoulda clarified a bit about the K&N stickers being stupid- I assume yours is the normal size? I saw a guy with a ***** 4th gen Camaro that had a K&N sticker as large as my head. I felt embarassed to own an f-body- you'd think the K&N was his best mod ever. The rest of the car was even more gaudy. I've seen large K&N stickers on import ricers, too, that look like they had them custom made.

And yeah I get huge MSD stickers with my MSD wires. I guess I gotta put 'em on the garage wall, 'cause they won't fit anywhere else. (I like that "prank" idea tho!) I got a nice sized Accel sticker in the Summit "baker's dozen sticker assortment", $3. Two came with the Accel coil, but they were tiny, and didn't look right next to my B&M and Summit stickers under the hood.

------------------
-Tom P (Hot rodded 1986 Firebird 2.8l) from http://www.f-body.net/mailbag/3rd/3rd_mailbag.html message boards
Old 10-24-2000, 04:56 PM

Car: 95 Caprice
Engine: 5.7l LT1
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 2.93
man oh man.. you guys are gonna love me before too long here once our site is up, what we have formed is ICAR or the International Coalition Against Ricers.. the site is almost done, and the details being worked out.. but as far as info on stickers goes..
ricers dont know what half theese companys even make, they see it on dragsters and they think it makes their car faster.. i recall at one car show i saw a civic with a real big wolverine sticker on the back window.. so i asked him, what kinda cam he was running, he didnt even know what a camshaft was, or that wolverine even made them, he replied he got the sticker from his friends dad who builds motors.. i bite my tounge and walk away.. there is nothing wrong with putting on a sticker of a product you actually have, ie my 72 monte, the back window is covered with contingency stickers, but every sticker on there, you can find that part on the car...
Old 10-24-2000, 06:58 PM
Supreme Member

Location: First one out of liberty city, burn it to the ground
how many of u guys have stickers? i had about 10 and this weekend went and pulled all but my car club sticker..looks better and they dunno what i have =)

------------------
88 Firebird 2.8
MODS (either coming or on):
Flowmaster Cat Back, Random Technologies Cat, 3" intermediate pipe, Accel 8.8 wires, MSD Coil, MSD Ignition Module,MSD 6a, B&M Shifter, Transgo Shift Kit, Cold Air Induction, NEXT MOD: 5 speed...(torque convertor going so 5 speed a better idea) ..Then peeling and cracking paint..
Old 10-24-2000, 07:27 PM
Banned

I think we (american car guys) give them such a hard time is because they think they are the best damn things on the road. Stickers or no stickers. And the ONLY reason they are as fast as they are is because there so light weight. Im not gonna sit here and brag because Ive been beat by a 1.8L 4 banger! The only reason he beat me is cause once again he was so light. True they think the stickers give them power (dont ask me why) but thats the way it is. OH! and you guys are forgetting something! What about the body kits? That also makes them faster. I just think its damn funny!

------------------
1992 Camaro RS 3.1L
T5 Manual 5 speed
Open Air Intake
Z-28 Exhaust
Old 10-24-2000, 08:27 PM

i dont really like junking up my car with a whole mess of stickers, like a lot of you said, it looks cleaner without. All i have is a small K&N sticker on the bottom right of my back window. I also have the huge chevy decal on my back window, but I like the way it looks. im not going to put anything more on it thought, ecause then it would just start to junky up, and become rican. if i can find a really cool camaro sunvisor sticker, i might possibly put it on, but thats it.

------------------
1986 Camaro Sport Coupe MPFI V6
Current Mods: 2K&N Air Filters, ACDelco Rapidfires, new distributor cap and rotor.
"I always get compliments on how pretty my backend is..."
Old 10-24-2000, 10:08 PM

I have a bowtie on my back window that's maybe 6" wide. That's all I'm gonna put on it. If I can find a nice visor thing I'll get it, but all the ones out there just say Chevrolet, Camaro or something like that. Everyone already knows it's a Chevy Camaro. I have a K&N sticker that I'm putting on the airbox as soon as I get the engine compartment detailed this weekend. I thought about putting it on the rear window, but then I thought about all the ricers I make fun of and decided against it.

------------------
1986 Berlinetta, 2.8L, newly rebuilt 700R4, 3.42 Posi. 130K miles and counting, K&N air filters.
Wins:
1996 Mustang
1994ish Olds Acheiva
1994ish Saturn SC1
Losses:
1999 Grand Am SE
1996ish Honda Accord (twice)
1990ish Vette (never should have been dumb enough to race a vette in the V6)
Old 10-24-2000, 10:32 PM
2011 Norwood Gathering
ThirdGen Firebird Rep

Hey Tom, no offense taken on the K&N sticker. So it was as big as your head, eh?? (And no, I am NOT implying Tom's head is big, guys....i mean the sticker!!)LOL

With the Hypertech and K&N stickers gone, all I have is my 3 in the lower left corner of the rear window (and will NEVER come off the car...go Dale!!!), and a really nice looking Chevrolet winshield decal that takes up only about 2/3 of the top of the windshield...I've had a lot of positive comments on it. Oh yeah, my Eclipse ESN stickers are on the side windows above the door handles, but they're tiny...

Under the hood, I have the K&N and Hypertech stickers on the top of the airbox, right before it goes into the hose. When I do ram air, I'm gonna order 2 small "Ram Air" stickers like the ones on WS6 Pontiacs...cool idea, eh?? These'll go on the portion of the airbox over the filters.

[This message has been edited by Jason E (edited October 25, 2000).]
Old 10-25-2000, 09:24 AM
Supreme Member

LOL @ Jason!

Hey you guys will hate this: There's a nice, bright red, 4th gen (93-up) Firebird driving around my town. The kid decided to put "FIREBIRD" in big white letters across both sides of his car! The "FIREBIRD" starts at the bottom of the rear doors, by the tires, and goes to the top of the fender. Did I mention the letters are BIG? They're so large, the whole thing is scrunched together... it looks frickin' awful.

Everytime I see him getting into the car, I have to laugh. From what I hear around town, everyone has seen him, and everyone's laughing at him for that.

------------------
Old 10-25-2000, 04:59 PM
2011 Norwood Gathering
ThirdGen Firebird Rep

As soon as he puts "LOSER" across the windshield and back window, the car will be complete.

Shouldn't there be a law against defemation of an Fbody????
Old 10-25-2000, 09:18 PM

The only sticker on my car is Calvin pissin all over a Honda/Vtec logo

------------------
1991 Firebird Formula, 305, TPI, Auto...stock till I get some money!!!
Former owner of an 88 2.8 Firebird...RIP

[This message has been edited by dudelovett (edited October 25, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by dudelovett (edited October 25, 2000).]
Old 10-25-2000, 10:09 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 85' Firebird (Project), 92' RS
Engine: 2.8L, LS1
Transmission: 700R4, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Open , 10 Bolt (ukn)
well, today i saw a 3rd gen, that looked horrible. the guys had filled his hatchback except a narrow little area in the middle with stickers. Every sticker he could find, i just thought, there's no way that car is street legal with all those mods, unless he has a japanese engine under the hood. Well, when he drove off, i heard the sound fo a dis-attached muffler or loose pipes (like mine) and the sound of a massive 2.8 powering the beast. Well, i've learned that the way to put stickers on, are to put them under the hood, mine are on the radiator cover piece. And all i've got are K&N and Accel, But that's it. It'll also keep you out of a lot of unwanted races, and away from a whole lot of cops who think your cars faster than theirs.
Old 10-26-2000, 06:23 PM
Banned

Ive seen some stickers on that little flap on the bottom of the car. It looked alright I guess.

------------------
1992 Camaro RS 3.1L
T5 Manual 5 speed
Open Air Intake
Z-28 Exhaust
Old 10-26-2000, 07:32 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 CAMARO 1968 FIREBIRD
Engine: CAMARO 3.1L FIREBIRD 455
Transmission: CAMARO 700R4 FIREBIRD TH-400
Hey i think it was in this months Chevy High Proformance there is a article on a 98 z-28 besides them sayin its a 89 z-28 lol Look at it it looks like a frekin riceburner.. i think its called Purple Haze only thing good about the article is the hot chick in it... All my stickers i put on the wall in my room by all my car posters i wont put stickers on my car cuz it trashes the paint and also looks gay i think that people will try less when they race you if u arent promoting everymod you have on your car... At one point i was considering putting z28 lables on my car bt then people would try harder to win and if they did owin like a potential he would have bragin rights sayin ya i beat a Z28 so i decided to keep the RS.
Old 10-26-2000, 08:05 PM
Banned

the only sticker I have on my car is the little K&N sticker. Just to let people know my car isnt a plain old camaro. Basically I think its telling people "hey bitch dont **** with me ill race your *** !" hehehehe

------------------
1992 Camaro RS 3.1L
T5 Manual 5 speed
Open Air Intake
Z-28 Exhaust
Old 10-27-2000, 10:25 AM

Car: 95 Caprice
Engine: 5.7l LT1
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 2.93
**** on my camaro only stickers i got is a red bowtie on my tinted back window and a heartbeat decal on the top of the windshield.. looks good imho.. i save all my stickers for either my toolboxes or the monte carlo... camaro decal pics below...

oh that massive dent behind the door was from some old hag in the walmart parking lot, it has been since fixed..
http://www.PulseNET.com/~gomer/imgs/28sm8.jpg http://www.PulseNET.com/~gomer/imgs/28sm4.jpg

Old 10-27-2000, 10:04 PM

What I have realized from seeing these cars and talking to the "ricers." Is their style is based on real race cars, who have their sponsers stickers on the cars. Most of them try and make the car look (and sound) like the race version (Like the ones you see on speedvision GT type races, I am not sure what class that is.) with out actually performing like the real thing.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:21 PM

Car: 89 firebird
Engine: 2.8 soon to be built 3.4
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 4th gen posi
Re: Heeheheh sticker question

where is a good place to put stickers on our cars i have some and havent put them on because i dont know where they should go i know under the hood but thats about all ive seen.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:06 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1973 Datsun 240Z/ 1985 S-15 Jimmy
Engine: Turbo LX9/To be decided
Transmission: 5-speed/T-5
Axle/Gears: R200 3.90/7.5" 3.73
Re: Heeheheh sticker question

Please don't dig up a 12 year old thread, especially one about stickers in a V6 technical forum...

Put the stickers where you like the look of them.