V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

In desperate need of turbo headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 Camaro, 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: cammed 2.8, turbo 3.1 hybrid
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.42 one tire fire
In desperate need of turbo headers

Ok so i leave for the army in 2 months after i graduate ive been working my tail off to finnish my hybrid swap. Now that the engines in all i need is headers for my turbo. Fasteddie was building me a set but hes been soo busy lately he cant build them and said to ask project89 but he hasnt been on in a while. I need these puppies soon. Fasteddie was doing everything i need except the downpipe fully tig welded stainless steel. Its a t3 turbo with rfl style blow off. He was charging me 500 for all of it shipping was included. As i said i need them soon i dont have much time b4 i leave
Old 04-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: BBC 509 Merlin ii 9.6:1 pump gas
Transmission: ATI pro th350 sfi case. TSI 5500 st
Axle/Gears: Strange S60 4:10s
Re: In desperate need of turbo headers

Yea bud im sorry about all of that. Life happends. My job is so involving at times. Ive wanted to really launch a little tuning and custom parts for V6s business but its hard to do it all and work 40-60 hrs at a minimum a week. Crap man i cant even get time to get my car running and i have my first points race in less then 4 weeks! Scary. Ill ask arround i may know a few friends that can finish up these puppies or make some fresh ones for you. Id send what i have out but when you start to build something, especially fabrication its not best to send a half made product to someone because it may not turn out right because the end fabricator didnt know the measurements, the idea, and the end goal. It could turn out to be a mess and i dont want that with my products. Sorry again. Bump for him.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:30 AM

Its cool man i understand life is a pain sometimes id really appreciate it too man thanks again uve been alot of help
Old 04-04-2017, 02:38 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: L98
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Your goal needs to be to have a running vehicle when you get to your first duty station.
That way you don't have to worry about the preditory lemon sales men that set up shop near military bases , have to worry about a car payment and insurance during a year long deployment or so you are not broke trying to save up for or make payments on a car.
Get the Camaro going or buy a cheap 4 cylinder beater.
Don't leave it sitting in peices or it will never get finished.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:28 AM

Car: 88 T firebird
Engine: 2.8
Transmission: t5

Amen, work, life, cars . Sometimes it's hard.
get exhaust on and run it Na untill you get the parts sorted ? Would be wise. At least you get to enjoy the car and it's not sitting in pieces.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:45 AM

Im gonna hog out the 2.8 manifolds and throw them on until i leave
Old 04-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Supreme Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: BBC 509 Merlin ii 9.6:1 pump gas
Transmission: ATI pro th350 sfi case. TSI 5500 st
Axle/Gears: Strange S60 4:10s

Agree. You can always turbo it later bud. If you are pressed for time. Finish up the hybrid now and dont leave it in pieces. Trust me. And that puppy will be alot faster as is then any stock 2.8 3.1 right out of the gate.

Adding the turbo wont be hard. Swap out headers, intercooler, toss on the turbo. run the oil lines, and tune it. You may think its alot, but if you had all the parts and knew what you had to do. with a running engine it can be done in a long weekend no problem. The tune may take longer but you could have it back running quite fast if you had litterly every part and piece there with you when you started.