V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

Port Polishing

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Port Polishing

Has anyone here completed porting & pollishing on the upper and lower intake? how far into the intake should you sand? anyone have a site that explains this? i would first get expierience from a junked intake off a wrecked car.
what kind of bits would i use to do the porting, will i be able to use a dremel?
pictures of porting:
http://www.geocities.com/ng_dancer1/page8.html
Old 12-31-2001, 03:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no help as far as porting but have a few comments about the pictures.

On the throtle body it looks like all the didwas port the cowling and not the body it's self. i don't see how that will help any.

The middle and lower pictures are different then what is in the '92 3.1L and 2.8L's. the top end of the middle is a rectangle with one corner curved. The gaskets seem to make pretty darn close so I don't see ware you could benefit with doing anything there. The lower middle and top of the lower are a long rectangle, but the gaskets seem to be a bit larger. This appears to be ware you will see the most if you do a gasket match. I haven't seen the bottom of my lower intake just yet, but I don't see how it would help any unless you were to do you heads also.

Just my take on the whole port and polish thing.

Does any one know if the throttle body and intake hole match, or is one larger then the other?