Wheels and Tires Need help with wheels or tires? Got fitment issues? Have questions about tire performance and handling? Ask all of those questions here!

New Doral Tires are ON

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 86 WS6 5sp TA
Engine: 305
Transmission: 5sp
Axle/Gears: posi
New Doral Tires are ON

ok, this car i bought about four years ago, pulled it in the garage to be worked on later, then two years later tried to start it and it wouldn't. i was pissed. FINALLY i installed a new Cardone distributor and it fired right up. so with that hurdle over, i bought new tires and they are ON. i almost had a disaster though. i forgot that the parking brake does not work and when i installed the last tire and put it on the ground, it started rolling down my driveway! and rolling FAST because it's steep. HOLY EF'n CRAP! i managed to open the driver's door and get into the seat but i have furniture pads over everything inside and couldn't see the brake peddle! so i started frantically mashing with my foot in that area. fortunately the jack caught under the front tire just as i found the brake peddle. wow.... you can't be too careful working on these things..... so anyway, the tires are on and i took a few pics. i have to do some minor body work and paint and it'll be ready for the road. the interior is perfect and has an excellent aftermarket sound system.
Attached Thumbnails New Doral Tires are ON-dsc09316.jpg   New Doral Tires are ON-dsc09317.jpg   New Doral Tires are ON-dsc09318.jpg   New Doral Tires are ON-dsc09319.jpg