Wheels and Tires Need help with wheels or tires? Got fitment issues? Have questions about tire performance and handling? Ask all of those questions here!

New IROC wheel from 6LE. What size to make it?

Old 05-26-2018, 03:26 PM
Supreme Member

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 383 single plane efi
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 with 3.73s
Re: New IROC wheel from 6LE. What size to make it?

Originally Posted by skinny z
Amidst all of this, and I feel for you guys that are the early adopters and are getting burned, is there not an already produced reasonable IROC replacement wheel? Seems to me, and the chrome 17"+ versions available notwithstanding, that there was at least one other manufacturer out there. I had gone through my subscribed wheel threads but couldn't find what I was looking for. I believe it was a California based company.
I thought that American Racing made some but discontinued in the late 90s or early 2000s. I've looked extensively for an updated reproduction (17-19" tall and 8.5-10" wide) and never found one. Only thing available is the 18-28" tall at 7-8" wide for the donk crowd. That leaves the only option being to buy a set of 18 or 19 tall and have them widened at ~$250 each so I'd be looking at a ~$1500 bill in all.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:50 PM
COTM Editor

Received 1,849 Likes on 1,265 Posts
Car: '89 Firebird
Engine: 7.0L
Transmission: T56

Bogart Wheels will make you a custom 2 or 3 piece wheel if it can be forged and doesn't violate any patents. Call Steve at SJM Manufacturing. The patent issue is their problem, not yours, so don't screw yourself by asking too many questions.

Last edited by QwkTrip; 05-26-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 Camaro
Engine: 383-Holley Terminator EFI
Transmission: 700R4 Pro-Built Street/Strip kit
Axle/Gears: Strange S60 3.55:1

Originally Posted by Tibo
Only thing available is the 18-28" tall at 7-8" wide for the donk crowd.
Old 05-26-2018, 04:20 PM
Supreme Member

Received 620 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by Tibo
. That leaves the only option being to buy a set of 18 or 19 tall and have them widened at ~$250 each so I'd be looking at a ~$1500 bill in all.
I've known about these guys for a while however my engineering crowd look at me like I have two heads when I suggest this would be a viable approach to having a wider rim on my Camaro.

http://weldcraftwheels.com/

Weldcraft does state the finished product can be used for competition. Who to believe?
That said, I think a 255 is about as wide as a traditional street tire that's available in a 16". I currently have the Comp 2 on my IROC rims but believe they'd look a lot better on a 9 1/2- 10" wheel.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:14 PM

Just got another mass email from Mark. More excuses unfortunately, and nothing promising for those still holding out for their wheel orders. Just says "except for IROC-Z wheels, all have been or will be refunded until we have good product which we do not right now, you will all be the first notified when we do and offered to repurchase them if you so choose, before we release them, I will also be returning personal emails to all who have emailed by this Tuesday morning" along with a whole bunch of blah blah blah that we've all read before.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:13 AM
Supreme Member

A search this morning only comes up an 18 x 8 size. And it looks like there's one manufacturer and several distributors.

https://www.m2motorsportinc.com/cust...ine-black.html

https://audiocityusa.com/shop/18-IRO...lugs-Rims.html

http://customwheelsmarket.com/18blchirzrew.html
Old 05-27-2018, 05:08 PM

Received 348 Likes on 275 Posts
Car: 1988 Iroc
Engine: L98 350
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Hawks 8.8 - 3.73

I've been looking out for IROC wheels for years and years. There WERE a few players out there. -and as of about 2012 "ish" American Racing was in fact making them. They were willing to custom finish, and they were 8" or 9" wide.

....as of now, I think they're all from one manufacturer and are 17" and bigger. 17" were gone for awhile but they seem to be back.

....for me personally, buying the wheel, then widening....when I ultimately want the later style double line wheel anyway....ugh.....just a lot of money for close but not perfect.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:52 PM

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Car: 1985 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: 350
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.73 posi

Originally Posted by skinny z
I've known about these guys for a while however my engineering crowd look at me like I have two heads when I suggest this would be a viable approach to having a wider rim on my Camaro.

http://weldcraftwheels.com/

Weldcraft does state the finished product can be used for competition. Who to believe?
That said, I think a 255 is about as wide as a traditional street tire that's available in a 16". I currently have the Comp 2 on my IROC rims but believe they'd look a lot better on a 9 1/2- 10" wheel.
I had Weldcraft widen my rear 17" chrome irocs to 17x9.5 a few years ago.
I'll say firsthand, the welds they did were fantastic.
No leaks, no rust, and are true. And I abuse my car.
Probably my favourite part on my car.

For everyone else, I'm going to let you in on a secret.
I've been speaking with Bruce at Hawks, and 17x9 machined style IROC wheels are in the works....
Old 05-27-2018, 08:52 PM
Supreme Member

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 383 single plane efi
Axle/Gears: 8.8 with 3.73s

Originally Posted by Manic Z
I've been speaking with Bruce at Hawks, and 17x9 machined style IROC wheels are in the works....
I certainly hope so. One thing this thread demonstrates is that there does exist buyers (with cash in hand too) for an IROC style wheel or IROC reproduction with updated dimensions. I think I'll call his business and voice my support for this.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:09 AM

Count me in.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:43 AM
Supreme Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts
Car: 92 camaro RS
Engine: LSA
Transmission: Magnum F
Axle/Gears: TNT 8.8 wavetrac 3.73

The guys that still have there wheel order in have you gotten a email back yet or the refund he said he would do? I emailed him back after the refund email he sent out but I still haven't heard anything even though he said he would get back to everyone by Tuesday night.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:23 AM

So wait....is he refunding everyone? What happened? Lurbie's post made it sound like the problem wasn't the wheels. Is there an issue?
Old 05-30-2018, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by obeymybird
I emailed him back after the refund email he sent out but I still haven't heard anything even though he said he would get back to everyone by Tuesday night.
You didn't expect anything different did you? 😉 It's sad that this keeps happening. He's either as sly and cunning as a crooked used car salesman, or he has the worst luck in the world. Neither fully makes sense for all that he goes through and puts his customers through .
Old 05-30-2018, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Abubaca
So wait....is he refunding everyone? What happened? Lurbie's post made it sound like the problem wasn't the wheels. Is there an issue?
Sorry, that's not what I meant. Here's the most recent letter in it's entirety.
"

Personal Letter from 6LE Designs Owner, Mark DeLisle

Hello everyone, this is Mark DeLisle owner of 6LE Designs. I’m sorry for the mass email I just wanted to reach out to all of you as soon as possible and then reach out to you individually over the weekend. We finally have DEFINITIVE good news, things are in motion to fix all of our wait time issues once and for all. We’ve had growing issues with manufacturing and wait times since SEMA 2017 due to November forward sales quintupling and stressing ALL areas of the business. I reacted and hired a great group of guys but there was nothing we could do fast enough that production didn’t keep getting overloaded and breaking down, it just couldn’t be fixed in motion.

While this is going on, wait times are passed and I am trying to give answers to rightly worried customers. Finally I had to make the choice this past week and a half to solely focus on one issue, figuring out how to shut down, fix the machine and reboot it. As of today, everything is in place for us to move forward with having all products at a 5 business day shipping time. Meaning, if you buy on a Monday, you will have tracking by Friday at the latest (except for IROC-Z wheels, all have been or will be refunded until we have good product which we do not right now, you will all be the first notified when we do and offered to repurchase them if you so choose, before we release them, I will also be returning personal emails to all who have emailed by this Tuesday morning).

We have started refunding other customers as well and will be completing any outstanding refund requests this weekend. Some products we have already transitioned into this 5 business day lead time, others products have longer lead times and since we don’t have a definite date for them we do not want to hold your money any longer, hence the refund, but you will be contacted first (in the order you’re in now) when the parts are ready.

Focusing solely on fixing this issue was clearly at the expense of personal communication with you on my part, but I will be spending the weekend answering, finally having an actual definitive ANSWER to, all the emails I have. If you have ANY outstanding issue with me and you haven’t heard from me by Tuesday morning, then please email me, even if it’s a decade old email me at mark@6ledesigns.com. David H., Chis A., Daniel R., Andy S. (OK), Shawn S., Melody B, David L., I could keep going, the point is none of you leave my mind. I want you to know I care, I do, I just had to pull back to fix some issues to be able to come back and give you resolutions you deserve.

Honestly, I’m looking forward to this new chapter more than anyone. As I type this, I remember starting this business with one splitter I made for my 1998 NBM Z28, 12 years ago, and the first Camaro (not the customer’s name sadly, but I can still see in my mind the blurry pics of his red Camaro that sadly ended up wrecked I believe) to install one on of LS1Tech… and from there how the landscape changed. Magazines die to forums. Forums die to Facebook as Ebay dies to Amazon. Facebook is getting bumped by Instagram. It’s a lot for a 38 year old ******* from Florida to keep up with some times lol.

Yet, we survived. We survived because for twelve years God brought more and more amazing people into my life. From my die hard 4th Gen guys and gals to these 6th Gen guys and gals who are still hanging in after 6 weeks becoming 6 months and I’ll NEVER forget about you 4th Gen and G8 pre-orders either, love across every platform and I thank you for it. 5th Gen guys and gals I promise we’ll be circling back as soon as we can to you as well.

Every time one of you tells me you’ll wait 12 months if you have to because you really loved what we designed, it just makes me want to be that good everywhere else.

Every time I let someone down who has spent their hard earned money and they feel abandoned (recently especially) by me, it doesn’t leave my mind until I figure out how to get you a resolution and to fix the problem.

I strive to make sure every design we make is a true enhancement to the specific vehicle’s specifics lines. When it’s not. We change it. Has that caused delays? Yes. We don’t drive generic cars, they don’t deserve generic designs. Our customers have never been generic to us and we’re now retooling to make sure our customer service shows it.

Thank you for having enough love for those designs to stick around, I’m happy to say we will soon be able to deliver the same level quality we apply to our designs, now to our customer service.

You all matter to us. From the first splitter in 2006, to the fact we were able to share our vision of an iconic Camaro, the IROC-Z, with the world at SEMA last year and have been so loved and supported by all of you… from day one until now… from my hometown to literally across the world… from the military man who flew a flag in battle in honor of 6LE Designs that still sits on my desk to the kid that tried to buy one of my splitters to copy it (yes I knew lol) that I now call a friend and do my best to support his (competing) business… all the customers that became friends… the friends that became lifelong supporters of the business and got me, and are still getting me through growing pains, the passionate talented people that I have shed liters of blood, sweat and tears with… and I don’t just mean on the Vegas Strip during SEMA.. And Especially to my wife who is always helping me wherever she can to do our best for you.

There’s plenty of people I’ll never win over but there’s always two sides to those situations. Where things can be fixed I will be offering whatever options I have to fix them as I always have. This business has become all of our lives in hard and stressful but amazing and meaningful ways. I promise it will begin to show in the coming days.

Finally, remember this weekend that we stand on the shoulders of giants. Men and women who wore their uniforms to the grave fulfilling their life long pledge to the defense of the country most of us take for granted. Remember their sacrifice. They lost their future in the defense of yours. Just take a moment to make that part of your outlook on life and those around you.

Thanks for allowing us to keep carrying our love of cars and design forward year after year. It’s the most stressful thing I’ve ever done, but also one of the most rewarding.

Sincerely,

Mark DeLisle- Owner
www.6LEDesigns.com

P.S. If you’ve got a 4th Gen check out our friend Devon Lewis over at 4th Gen Customs. Every new product he’s upping his game and even if you’ve already been to his site but it’s been awhile, you should really check out what he’s been doing… https://www.4thgencustoms.com/Copyright © 6LE Designs Inc, All rights reserved."
Old 05-30-2018, 10:40 AM
Supreme Member

Idk even know anymore
Old 05-30-2018, 12:48 PM

I believe him, at least....I believe his sincerity. ...I just don't think anything will actually change though. Being a good guy, with good ideas and good designs, doesn't make a good business man. I've said from day one that I think he's a good guy with good intentions....it's just too much of my money for the same....old....story.

I hope it works out for all of you guys who are still in this, and for Mark at 6LE.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Abubaca
I believe him, at least....I believe his sincerity. ...I just don't think anything will actually change though. Being a good guy, with good ideas and good designs, doesn't make a good business man. I've said from day one that I think he's a good guy with good intentions....it's just too much of my money for the same....old....story.

I hope it works out for all of you guys who are still in this, and for Mark at 6LE.
I'm with you, you hope the best for people, but the old saying "forgive and forget" doesn't work for me in this one. We've got to remember what we've been through or we'll just end up going through it again.

Last edited by Lurbie; 05-30-2018 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:06 PM
COTM Editor

Received 1,849 Likes on 1,265 Posts
Car: '89 Firebird
Engine: 7.0L
Transmission: T56

That letter is waaaaaaay too long and full of useless dribble. Somebody needs a class in effective communication.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by QwkTrip
That letter is waaaaaaay too long and full of useless dribble. Somebody needs a class in effective communication.

That effective communication class could start with "always respond to your customers emails" and "don't make up lame excuses for not responding."

Last edited by Lurbie; 06-01-2018 at 03:44 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC
Engine: LS1
Axle/Gears: 3:42, 10 Bolt LT1

This isn't ending well... Should of got my money refunded. Got this..

Hello Jake Martens ,

An eCheck payment from 6LE DESIGNS INC was declined by the sender's bank. We will automatically try to process this payment again in 3 business days. It then usually takes 3-5 days for the money to be deposited into your account. Please do not ship items until you receive payment.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:07 AM

Any updates on these wheels? ...I'm still rootin for you guys that are hangin in there!
Old 06-28-2018, 03:08 PM
Supreme Member

I gave up after my last email earlier this month but still waiting on my refund CC company is still working on it.
Attached Thumbnails New IROC wheel from 6LE. What size to make it?-20180628_154045.jpg  
Old 06-28-2018, 07:56 PM

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Car: 1985 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: 350
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.73 posi

Big news boys....It's official. Got the email from Hawks....ETA 90 days!!!

Old 06-28-2018, 08:16 PM
Supreme Member

If they had them in 18x9 I would be in for a set. 17" wont clear my front brakes plus I have a new set of 18" tires already waiting.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:51 AM

I'll be ordering a set of the 88-90 style as soon as they'll take my money! LOL
Old 06-29-2018, 08:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 85 Z28
Engine: GMPP 350 HSR
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.42 Posi LS1

I have a set of 18x8 american racing in chrome I bought back in 2008ish. I will be selling them soon they are perfect its a garage kept car. I'm in philly area PM me and maybe ill sell them sooner lol.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:10 AM

I have a set of 18x8 american racing in chrome I bought back in 2008ish. I will be selling them soon they are perfect its a garage kept car. I'm in philly area PM me and maybe ill sell them sooner lol.
Most people don't want chrome. Or 18". Or 8" wide. ...and many people (not all of course) want 88-90 style. GLWS though. I'm sure someone will grab 'em from ya.
Old 06-29-2018, 01:25 PM
Supreme Member

17 x 9 early IROC style eh?
Now that's interesting...
Old 08-02-2018, 01:39 PM
Supreme Member

Just got a new email 6le will be out of business at the end of this month.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:27 PM

Wow, did the email say why? Hate that for Mark, unless it's what he wanted. ....I feel like he messed up with the whole "Iroc" thing, wheels obviously included, but he is a good dude.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:25 PM

Shout out to the guy that thought we should be more patient

shame it came to this but hopefully this means his design talent will be paired with a company that can get the product into customer's hands. I cant help but have a low opinion of the guy considering i havent heard of anyone getting the wheels they paid for. Hope everyone here was able to get their money refunded
Old 08-02-2018, 07:49 PM

Shout out to the guy that thought we should be more patient
I didn't mean you. I meant the other members. You shoulda got out right away.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:09 PM
Supreme Member

Now I seen he got a few sets of the new iroc wheels in last week or so non 3rd gen anyway and I doubt we will ever see these for our cars on a side note the wheels didn't look as good as they did in the 3d pics he was pushing.
Attached Thumbnails New IROC wheel from 6LE. What size to make it?-6lee.jpg  
Old 08-02-2018, 11:27 PM

Engine: 350 TPI

I got my refund from paypall for the rims. I was even more angry, because I really wanted the rims and bought them as one of the first customers. I didnt even get the 3d pictures.

Mark was first telling lies about problems with the guy who make the renders, then he was not answering. Then the whole "VW Troc dont want Iroc rims" thing, then it was to much for me.

Bad luck can happen to anyone. But too much bad luck shows no business skills or that you are not preparded to handle this kind of job.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:07 AM

Mark was first telling lies about problems with the guy who make the renders, then he was not answering. Then the whole "VW Troc dont want Iroc rims" thing, then it was to much for me.

Bad luck can happen to anyone. But too much bad luck shows no business skills or that you are not preparded to handle this kind of job.
Yeah...I agree with this.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:09 PM
Supreme Member

Super happy with my new wheels 18x10 on all 4s but wasn't any fun fitting the fronts
Attached Thumbnails New IROC wheel from 6LE. What size to make it?-38736423_1811800145581291_457422284836044800_o.jpg  
Old 08-09-2018, 02:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 85 Z28
Engine: GMPP 350 HSR
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.42 Posi LS1

Nice!! What wheels you got there? I might have to copy them when mine is back from paint lol.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Supreme Member

There JNC 026 they have a few color choices but different bolt patterns depending on the color lol. They don't have a very big barrel for a 18" wheel this didn't not work with my cts-v calipers with 14" rotor. Also im running a 3/4" spacer up front with 1le hubs so its might take some tricks to make them fit a stock spindle.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:12 AM

Soooo just an update, 3 years after all this....... .....looks like the company who bought 6LE is now finally looking to bring these wheels to market for 3rd and 4th gens. Not a lot of info yet. IROCMotorsports. Saw it on FB.
The following users liked this post:
Jaysz28 (08-11-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 06:25 PM

Received 173 Likes on 131 Posts

yeah hes my buddy. waiting for a set to get built so we can try them on his car and mine. at the moment theyre going to be 3 piece wheels in 18x9 and 18x10 i believe. ill have to see if he wants to chime in on this.
Lurbie (08-11-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 06:31 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: IROC/F250 7.3
Engine: LS12367
Transmission: Autos
Axle/Gears: 3.73

3 piece.

Damn, sounds expensive.

I'm out.
Lurbie (08-11-2021)
Old 08-15-2021, 06:31 PM

yeah hes my buddy.
Mark? I thought he sold the company? -or was that just clever accounting? Fair enough if that's the case, hardly the first to do that. Still, the latest wheel project here didn't end well....as this thread illustrates.
Lurbie (08-15-2021)

Search this Thread