Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

4th gen seats, power hook-up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 06:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4th gen seats, power hook-up?

OK, did a search.

Now, from what I found, it seems that I need to get the fittings that go between the passanger and driver seats for the air tubing, and the tubing? This can come from a donor car, correct?

About electrical power, I looked inside my car. The fuse area in the Courtesy Panel for power seats is empty. I can't find any type of connector that was ever destined for power seats. So...........

I can find a hot, and a ground. But what about the seats themselves? I am a little confused from reading the search posts. My seats have connectors with 6 terminals in them. If one is hot, and one is ground what are the other four pins for? Does the pump motor (passenger seat only) have a seperate hot for inflate, and a seperate hot for deflate? That would explain the other 4 pins, I think but not sure.

If I got the harnesses from a 4th gen car, would they just have a hot and ground pigtail coming out of them after being connected to the seats? Or do they have the full 6 pins at the end of the harness (connector) that would go under the dash somewhere?

Help!!!

Old 09-21-2002, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you get the 4th gen harness, and the tubing for the air pump, you'll see that there's only a HOT and Ground that needs to be wired to the fusebox, the rest of it is for the switches in the passenger seat. I was lucky, had PS already, so all I had to do was get a pigtail from a trashed 3rdgen PS, and the plug (& alittle wire) that feeds the 4thgen seat harness, then I spliced them together, and Walah! had an adapter! Didn't have to cut anything on the car, or the seat harness. You do need the tubing (and plugs) from a donor car if you can get it, I don't know why people don't get all that stuff when they remove the seats. Cause it's under the carpet and console, I guess. Next time I install a set I plan on getting pics, and maybe do a tech article. A picture is worth a thousand words, they tell me.................
Old 09-21-2002, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the info Saywhut. I have e-mailed the place I got the seats from and asked them if they can get me the harness and tubing out of the wrecked car.