Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

LT1 1LE A/C delete pulley on our motors

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 11:57 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1997 Corvette
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 2.73 IRS
LT1 1LE A/C delete pulley on our motors

I believe I have mounted an LT1 AC delete pulley on my motor. I bought it from someone on these forums I believe, though it may have been the CamaroZ28 forums.

Anyways, I had tried to install it at first, and one of the bolts would only go in halfway, so I had to drill that hole out to allow the stock bolt to slide all the way through and bolt it in. Once that was done, it installed perfectly.

Now, I've noticed two key differences that make this pulley stand out to me. I overlooked this at first because I did the swap one day in teh 45min I had between school and work. This pulley is much smaller than the stock pulley. I just measured it the other day and measured my stock AC compressor and don't remember the numbers exactly. I believe my stock AC compressor pulley was 5.25" while this new AC delete pulley is 4.5". I'll have to verify this, but in any case, there was a 3/4" difference between my stock one and this one. I found this interesting when I measured it a few days ago.

Also, I was just looking at the pics in the sticky above about the 1LE pulley. My pulley only had two bolt holes, with the pulley directly in between them. There was no third bolt hole at all, and the pulley is directly centered between the two bolts.

I'll try to get a picture in the next two days or so, but I think this is possibly an LT1 1LE pulley? Can anyone verify this? I'll read up on CamaroZ28.com as well about this, but I figured I'd post it here first since it may be somewhat interesting.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:55 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...ght=1le+pulley

yeah the pics in that thread are the thirdgen 1le a/c delete pulley and smog pump pulley.

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...+delete+pulley

in that thread thats the lt1 a/c delete pulley much smaller.