Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

[NC] 1986 IROC-Z LS6 4L60E 5k miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 86 IROC
Engine: LS6
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.08
1986 IROC-Z LS6 4L60E 5k miles

Charlotte, NC

LS6 crate engine, new computer, rebuilt 4L60E transmission, rebuilt rear-end, all new suspension, new tires, new wheels, reupholstered interior, new stereo, custom gauges, wideband.

I am going to miss things that we've done.

We removed everything from the vehicle and applied Second Skin's Spectrum sound deadening spray to the interior and wheel wells. Then we applied Damplier Pro on top of that. Afterward we installed new carpet with additional backing. Antenna shaved. New paint ($7k). All new GM (not aftermarket) seals installed for door / t-tops.

The engine compartment was also stripped, sealed, painted, cleared and new aftermarket k-member from Spohn was installed with a new LS6 crate engine. No modifications to the engine other than the oil pan from an f-body. 4L60E from a 2002 Camaro was rebuilt and installed. Additional trans cooler added. New torque converter at factory stall. 3 core aluminum radiator installed. New fuel kit FL98 from racetronix installed (pump and wiring). LS6 intake, new injectors and coils. Custom single 3" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler and high flow cat. All new suspension and steering components. All new bushings and bearings throughout. All new brakes, calipers and rotors. New HD Ohlins shocks in rear. Front struts are cheaper brand - I don't recall which. Auburn rear-end with Strange hardened axles. Reinforced diff cover.
Rear brakes are drum, front disc.
Carpet and headliner new matching light gray. Door panels are new black. I have the original rear speaker covers that should be refinished as the new speaker covers don't stay in place correctly. New sound system, Sony headunit, Kenwood amps, Kicker speakers replace originals and 2 12" in box in rear. Amps mounted under back and 1 farad capacitor. Sounds great but needs better alternator to support the draw.
Dash is custom, all stepper-motor guages from Speed-Hut with proper new sensors. No original sensors besides fuel level. Guages are programmable.
Has alarm and keyless entry.

I did all the work besides the paint job and I drove it and treated it like someone who did all the work. I baby this thing and unfortunately this why I am selling it - I am not able to enjoy because I am too worried about a scratch.

There are a few things left to do that I have most of the parts for. AC is not finished, I have the parts just not the time. A few interior pieces need to be installed, I have the parts just need a few tabs/screws ordered. I would redo the seatbelts to look good - but they work. It could use a new dash pad. Nothing to prevent using.
I also have parts to set up cruise control - but I have no time.
This vehicle is in great shape and ready to drive daily. We have taken several 6hr trips to car shows and never had any issues. It will not overheat.

Asking $15,000 includes all spare parts I have.

Will add photos

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4444605200.html